Lund will not write 10th 'Work and the Glory' novel

KeithLBrown

Author and emeritus LDS Church general authority Gerald N. Lund says he will not write a 10th and concluding novel to his "The Work and the Glory" series. Instead he has said that Fire and the Covenant and his new book The Undaunted are the continuations of Work and the Glory. There have been nine volumes published in the popular fictional series, which follows the Steed Family through the early growth of Mormonism. The family converts to the faith in the 1800s, then travels west with the saints. You can go here to see more about the Undaunted.

In a YouTube.com video, Lund explains that although he intended to write a book which followed the Steed Family into modern times, the story just wasn't coming together.

You can read the story on Mormon Times by going to: Lund will not write 10th 'Work and the Glory' novel

Author and emeritus LDS Church general authority Gerald N. Lund says he will not write a 10th and concluding novel to his "The Work and the Glory" series. Instead he has said that Fire and the Covenant and his new book The Undaunted are the continuations of Work and the Glory. There have been nine volumes published in the popular fictional series, which follows the Steed Family through the early growth of Mormonism.

I enjoyed the books very much, but I never understood everyone asking if he was continuing. Book #9 tied things up pretty well, imo.

I like the idea of, "Aw man! I got called to the Alpha Centauri, New Utah mission!"

New mission rules: You will not use the Jedi mind trick on investigators. Light sabers only used in emergency situations to cauterize a wound or get rid of jungle plants. Name tags should not be covered by any capes or robes. When using the landspeeder in reverse, one missionary must guide the driver while standing nearby. If using a tauntaun, then keep a Hoth hog to lure the tauntaun for precautionary measures.