Football pool

pam

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally like listening to the local color commentator on the Colts games on radio...you only have to listen for a few seconds to know how the game is going. Bob Lamey is either estatic or suicidal sounding....makes for great entertianment...

Two words that will make sense to old-time Boston (anything) fans. Johnny Most.

No one has surpassed him for sheer lunacy. ("Havlicek steals the ball.")

Edited by Captain_Curmudgeon
HavlIcek

Every year lately, the owners propose to cut two preseason games and make the regular season 18 games. Every year, they back out. I've got a compromise. Make the preseason three games and you can make the regular season 18 games just by eliminating that stupid dead week before the Super Bowl.

But the game Friday was so boring that I was watching a highschool game on SLC channel 14 and it was a blowout.

Another yawner last night and one scheduled tonight and one tomorrow.

Is Alex Smith done? Done with the 49ers?

As soon as Hill was named starting QB, he went out with a bad back, so I don't see the Niners trading or cutting Smith just yet. Insurance. But even if Hill goes down and Smith starts, I don't see him doing himself much good at SF. If I were he, I'd be looking for a trade to a team that wants to throw the ball. SF is going to be ball-control (old Bears) under Singletary.

Josh Freeman, the first-round pick for the Bucs has a long way to go to make starting QB, but at 6-foot 6 and 250 pounds, he's a threat. Busted play last night and he went right through the line for six yards. This is one QB you don't try to arm tackle.

With Favre, the 4 -12 Jets went 9 - 7 but missed the playoffs. Favre's coming sent Pennington to the 1 - 15 Fins, and they went 11 - 5 to win the division. So, who was the winner there? Now Favre is with the 10 - 6 Vikes who won the division. I'll bet that with Favre, they don't win it this year. Although, the sooner they bench him, the better chance they have. I look for the Bears (and hope for the Packers).

I'm at a mall outside Baltimore right now waiting for a friend to get off work. Everyone and their mom (literally) is wearing Ravens gear. After spending two weeks in Steeler Country, I'm finally home!!!!!!!

GO RAVENS!!!!!

Posted Image

So what say you Capn? What upset will we see today?

I just finished posting on the other site that the picks all seem obvious this week. Just go with the favs. That said, I'm worried about Green Bay. They're 4 to 4.5 favs over Chicago and playing at home, but Da Bears start this year without their usual QB controversy, Cutler has something to prove (although he wasn't that good in the pre-season and hasn't been part of the long rivalry between Da Bears and GB ), and the Packers are paying far too much attention to what's happening in Minnesota this year.

Still, I did pick the Packers and I will be cheering for them, but maybe if I didn't have that share of GB stock, I might pick Da Bears.

(Home Dogs are worthy of attention but not Cleveland nor Oakland. Eagles may have some trouble against Carolina.)

Edited by Captain_Curmudgeon
accidental smiley

I'm 7-2 so far today (7-3 if you count Thursday's game). I'm really kicking myself for picking Carolina to beat Philly. Oh well. Colts and Ravens won, so I really have nothing to complain about!!!