Worshiping at the Temple of the Virgin

Snow

My son's expecting his mission call any day so he and I are off to do some hiking tomorrow... before he becomes imprisoned in the faith... so to speak. We are going to Zion's to hike the Virgin Canyon Narrows and Angels Landing... among others. The Narrows is rated as one of the five best hikes in the world:

http://www.myutahtravel.com/my_files/image/585px-Zion_angels_landing_view.jpg

http://i.pbase.com/g3/32/638032/2/55856474.scan.jpg

https://fineartamerica.com/images-medium/virgin-river-narrows-carl-jackson.jpg

http://www.crystalcanyons.net/Pages/TripReports/ReportImages/NarrowsAlcove_F.jpg

The 2nd link didn't work for me but beautiful pictures. I'm jealous. I know you are probably already gone but have a great time.

And we want to know where your son will be going once he gets his mission call. That's an order. Not that you will obey it. But give me A for trying.

Like Ryan said...we are expecting about 4 days worth of storms coming up. So be careful.

The 2nd link didn't work for me but beautiful pictures. I'm jealous. I know you are probably already gone but have a great time.

You need to log in to that website before viewing the picture. To save you having to register, you can see some pre-registered usernames and passwords for pbase.com here: PBASE.COM passwords - login with these free accounts to bypass compulsory web registration - Bugmenot.com

Edited by Mahone

You need to log in to that website before viewing the picture. To save you having to register, you can see some pre-registered usernames and passwords for pbase.com here: PBASE.COM passwords - login with these free accounts to bypass compulsory web registration - Bugmenot.com

Thanks but somehow that seems like cheating to me...I'll pass.

Thanks but somehow that seems like cheating to me...I'll pass.

Not if you think about it :)

- registration is free, so the organisation doesn't lose any money

- they only want you to register so they can spam your email address

- most people either enter a fake email address or one designated for spam email anyway

- a lot of organisations would prefer those who were only going to log in once share an account anyway as loads of redundant accounts registered just for one visit clog up the database.

:)

Edited by Mahone

I'm back - and only two dents in my car to show for it. One from a guy from England that backed into me at the Grand Canyon and one from a crazy middle easter guy who kicked my door (and tried to kick my face) after a heated altercation in a construction zone on the freeway.

Does anyone know a good free picture hosting site I can use for my photos?

One from a guy from England that backed into me at the Grand Canyon

It wasn't me, I swear!

Flickr is good, as recommended. Providing you don't want to exceed ~200 photos, otherwise you have to pay. Picasa is also fairly good.

I'm back - and only two dents in my car to show for it. One from a guy from England that backed into me at the Grand Canyon and one from a crazy middle easter guy who kicked my door (and tried to kick my face) after a heated altercation in a construction zone on the freeway.

I'm jealous! Ok, not of the dents or any altercations. I hiked just a very small portion of the Narrows when I was in college. My roomie and I weren't prepared to do the actual full hike. But ever since then, I've had that on my to do list for my life.