Stuff'd Shrimp

Snow

For dinner I took some large tiger shrimp, butterflyed them open and stuffed them with a stuffing made of:

crab meat

mayonaise

parsley

bread crumbs

worchester sauce

parmensan cheese

garlic and onion powder

pepper

Then I wrapped the stuff'd shrimp in partially rendered bacon and toothpicked the bacon in placed. Then I dipped them in a sauce of melted butter, lemon juice, soy sauce, vengar and teriyaki.

Then I bbq'd the shrimp and right before I took them off the grill, I brushed them with bbq sauce.

That's good eating!

Guest Devil\'s advocate

That is probably good, however GOD does not want us to eat shrimp, so I do not.

Leviticus 11:9-12:

9 These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.

10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:

11 They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.

12 Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.

Deuteronomy 14:9-10 says:

9 These ye shall eat of all that are in the waters: all that have fins and scales shall ye eat:

10 And whatsoever hath not fins and scales ye may not eat; it is unclean unto you.

Maybe you don\'t mind defying the words of GOD, but even risking not following his words does not sound like a good idea to me.

Be Ye therefore Perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is Perfect.” (Matt 5:43-48)

Maybe you don\'t mind defying the words of GOD, but even risking not following his words does not sound like a good idea to me.

Perhaps you'd like to lead the way by example Mr. Advocate. :)

Guest Devil\'s advocate

Originally posted by Setheus@Aug 14 2005, 06:47 PM

Be Ye therefore Perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is Perfect.” (Matt 5:43-48)

Maybe you don\\\'t mind defying the words of GOD, but even risking not following his words does not sound like a good idea to me.

Perhaps you\'d like to lead the way by example Mr. Advocate. :)

I do not eat shrimp or lobster for this very reason. How about you?

No, just reducing caloric intake. I'm not cutting anything out... if I REALLY want a Snickers, I'll have it, but it will count toward the calories. Actually, the soup is quite good. I made it yesterday from scratch - vegetable beef. I'm trying to keep it around 1500. I don't know if that's the magic number, but I do know that it's far less than what I've been getting lately. I may end up adjusting it one way or the other, but thought I'd start with that.

Snow's shrimp sound like they'd take up about half of my daily calories!

Anyone else doing the weight loss thing?

Originally posted by shanstress70@Aug 15 2005, 10:13 AM

No, just reducing caloric intake. I'm not cutting anything out... if I REALLY want a Snickers, I'll have it, but it will count toward the calories. Actually, the soup is quite good. I made it yesterday from scratch - vegetable beef. I'm trying to keep it around 1500. I don't know if that's the magic number, but I do know that it's far less than what I've been getting lately. I may end up adjusting it one way or the other, but thought I'd start with that.

Snow's shrimp sound like they'd take up about half of my daily calories!

Anyone else doing the weight loss thing?

Oh yes, Snow's shrimp does sound good. :)

Counting Calories is such a bore. ;) In the summer I like to take advantage of fresh from the garden. My dad has given me some squash and I would love to prepare it without a lot of butter. My grandma used to cook it in tomato sauce. Does anyone have any idea's for squash beside raw in salads or on a veggie plate? He is growing zucchini and crook neck squash.

Originally posted by lindy9556@Aug 15 2005, 12:57 PM

mmmmm chunks of zucchini cut up and steamed with a little garlic and onion...tossed in with some of those tiger shrimps.....mmmmm and that dash of teriyaki sauce sounds wonderful!

Hey I am in. What time is dinner? ;)

Shanstress, I'm seeing my diabetes nurse tomorrow, and I'm dreading it! I tried a 'healthy' eating style some months back, with some success, but was put off by my dietician who said lots of things I was eating were no-no's, even tho I was losing weight!!! Dismayed I turned to comfort eating and regained all the weight.

Just find a plan that suits you and your lifestyle...it's great that you can take the time to make homemade veg soup, as that should be very filling and full of nutrients! I was advised to eat wholemeal pasta, basmati rice, wholemeal bread...and my diabetic nurse said baked spuds were okay to, tho my dietician disagreed. I used to start the day with a bowl of Sultana Bran and 2 kiwis. At elevenses I ate 1 clementine, and at lunch I had a wholemeal sandwich with Quorn slices and some salad (I'm vegetarian too), and a banana or other 'filling' fruit. Later in the afternoon I had my 2nd clementine (2 kiwis = 1 portion of fruit, 2 clementines = 1 portion of fruit), and for my evening meal I made sure I had plenty of Quorn protein (either fillets, or quorn pieces in a low fat sauce, or other Quorn product) with a little of the basmati rice, or pasta and tons of veg. I was still okay to eat as much salad as I wanted in the evening, and a little fruit, but not too much due to the diabetes, and I lost lots of weight rapidly...I went to bed not feeling hungry, and drank diet drinks to stave off any sweet tooth cravings...now I've posted this, I ought to give the 'diet' a go again!!!

Good luck to you, and I hope that we can 'inspire' each other! :)

Guest Devil\'s advocate

Originally posted by Winnie G@Aug 15 2005, 10:40 AM

OK I have to add my 2 cents worth here.

I have a half Jewish family.

You are quoting Old Testament dietary law.

Yea that\'s because that is where I got the verses from. Do you always state the obvious?

Guest Devil\'s advocate

Originally posted by Winnie G@Aug 15 2005, 09:14 PM

Ok Mr. Devils Advocate.

Do you always state the obvious?

Well yes I do, ;) Old Testament dietary laws do not pertain to us in less you’re a orthodox Jew.

So are you? Pointing out dietary laws, is that a hint for us to fallow?

Is that not way the New Testament is called new?

So you are saying that GOD doesn\'t want Orthodox Jews to eat shrimp, but he doesnt mind if Christians do? You\'re going to have to provide me with a scripture because I\'m not sure that I believe that. As for your idea that one day GOD told everybody that they shouldn\'t consider shrimp an abomination anymore and that it is okay to eat them, you\'re going to have to back that one up too. I just don\'t think GOD ever said that in The Bible.

Originally posted by Strawberry Fields+Aug 15 2005, 09:37 AM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-shanstress70@Aug 15 2005, 05:38 AM

Gee thanks, Snow!  I'm just starting a diet today.  That sounds SO freakin' good!  I'll be enjoying my vegetable soup though.  :rolleyes:

So are you going on one of the soup diets?

If you wanna loose the hard to loose fat, veggies, lots of (lean) protien and small amounts of fresh fruit, and breads, and go to the gym or work out 3x a week for 30-45 minutes. :D