Katrina

Traveler

Originally posted by Please+Sep 3 2005, 02:51 PM-->

Originally posted by Strawberry Fields@Sep 3 2005, 12:12 PM

Originally posted by Please@Sep 3 2005, 10:46 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-john doe@Sep 3 2005, 08:05 AM

I have noticed that both the tasunomy area and New Orleans were where much wicked practices were running rampant in the area among the people.

I think LVagas does have something to worry about, of course they have been flooded several times in the past. Maybe it will take more.

Not to sound ignorant, but where, exactly, is Tasunomy? I'm sure it must be a prominent area, but I must have missed what happened there. Was I asleep that month? If you could point me to a map with Tasunomy on it I would appreciate it.

I also think it's fun to point fingers at those who have been through bad things and make wild comments about how those people must be wicked because these things happened to them. Maybe you could ask SF if what happened to her son was a result of his wickedness? That would be a fun discussion. Or, maybe we could talk about how some things happen as a result of poor planning, and discuss solutions that would help relieve those problems in the future. Something like, oh I don't know, maybe how New Orleans wouldn't be flooded right now if its elevation wasn't below sea level, a sea level which is literally next door?

Funny. you are wicked, I am wicked. We all take turns having sore trials. Are they working?

Peace if you think that my son was injured because he was wicked then you are nuttier then a fruitcake.

Your son being injured could be for your spiritual benefit.

Peace,

He was injured due to a lack of training, a mis-matched set of tire and rims and lack of regulations in the production and operation of these machines.

Was your son's injury because you needed it for your spiritual benefit? How dare you try to pin my son's injury on me. Like I said you are nuttier then a fruitcake.

Your comments these past few days have really made me think that you are not even a nice person.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by Strawberry Fields+Sep 3 2005, 03:42 PM-->

Originally posted by Please@Sep 3 2005, 02:51 PM

Originally posted by Strawberry Fields@Sep 3 2005, 12:12 PM

Originally posted by Please@Sep 3 2005, 10:46 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-john doe@Sep 3 2005, 08:05 AM

I have noticed that both the tasunomy area and New Orleans were where much wicked practices were running rampant in the area among the people.

I think LVagas does have something to worry about, of course they have been flooded several times in the past. Maybe it will take more.

Not to sound ignorant, but where, exactly, is Tasunomy? I'm sure it must be a prominent area, but I must have missed what happened there. Was I asleep that month? If you could point me to a map with Tasunomy on it I would appreciate it.

I also think it's fun to point fingers at those who have been through bad things and make wild comments about how those people must be wicked because these things happened to them. Maybe you could ask SF if what happened to her son was a result of his wickedness? That would be a fun discussion. Or, maybe we could talk about how some things happen as a result of poor planning, and discuss solutions that would help relieve those problems in the future. Something like, oh I don't know, maybe how New Orleans wouldn't be flooded right now if its elevation wasn't below sea level, a sea level which is literally next door?

Funny. you are wicked, I am wicked. We all take turns having sore trials. Are they working?

Peace if you think that my son was injured because he was wicked then you are nuttier then a fruitcake.

Peace,

He was injured due to a lack of training, a mis-matched set of tire and rims and lack of regulations in the production and operation of these machines.

Was your son's injury because you needed it for your spiritual benefit? How dare you try to pin my son's injury on me. Like I said you are nuttier then a fruitcake.

Your comments these past few days have really made me think that you are not even a nice person.

It is for you to decide whether or not I am a nice person and a fruit cake.

If truth hurts, am I to blame because I spoke it? I would think so. If you don't like what I say, I must be wrong and nuttier than a fruit cake. That makes a lot of sense, really.

As for my son's injury, and he will be the first to admit it, it was for him to become the spiritual giant he has become.

He was well on his road to hell before it happened.

Peace,

It is for you to decide whether or not I am a nice person.

If truth hurts, am I to blame because I spoke it? I would think so.

As for my son's injury, and he will be the first to admit it, it was for him to become the spiritual giant he has become.

So Peace, please do tell what makes you think you could even possibly know the truth when it comes to me or my family? Do you think that you are so above all of us that you are like a Goddess having a direct link to the truth?

I have a question for you. Why are you still here if you are so perfect? You have the perfect city, you have the perfect family so why haven't you ascended to heaven already?

Guest Member_Deleted

Strawberry Fields,Sep 3 2005, 03:59 PM]

Peace,

It is for you to decide whether or not I am a nice person.

If truth hurts, am I to blame because I spoke it? I would think so.

So Peace, please do tell what makes you think you could even possibly know the truth when it comes to me or my family? Do you think that you are so above all of us that you are like a Goddess having a direct link to the truth?

I have a question for you. Why are you still here if you are so perfect? You have the perfect city, you have the perfect family so why haven't you ascended to heaven already?

Now settle down. I never said I had the perfect anything. But thank you for thinking so. As for ascending to heaven already, I have a mission, what about you?

You seem to be the one making all the judgments around here. Do you think you are so perfect that you can throw crap at others, calling them names and telling them they have no right, but you have?

One more thing, I am not the one who brought your family into it. You are. I was talking about the world in general and you put your son in the middle of it asking if he were wicked.

Maybe you should read your own posts befor you complain about anyone elses.

I believe you said it best when you said:

There is a link between natural events and wickedness but that does not mean that only the wicked suffer. When nature challenges it comes to both righteous and wicked. The only difference is the righteous need not fear - G-d will stand with them in their dark hours. See the song "Come Come Ye Saints".

I think both please and strawberry need to remember that sometimes its a bit of both reasons. What if someone who wasn't mormon watched how you dealt with the situation and was converted by your strength and testimony that also happen to help you survive that tragic time. What I'm saying is sometimes tragic things happen...But the lord gives us the will and strength to endure, it doesn't mean it was meant to happen to change your soul because you maybe a great person...But the out come of the tragedy brought forth great changes in others. In other words... :wow: God takes the worst things and lifts us up and strengthens us...it doesn't mean he wanted a disaster, it means he took a bad situation and helped us use it to grow,and strengthen ourselves and others, isn't that how it should be? :unsure.dont know:

just my thouughts :D

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by Laureltree@Sep 3 2005, 05:00 PM

I believe you said it best when you said:

There is a link between natural events and wickedness but that does not mean that only the wicked suffer.  When nature challenges it comes to both righteous and wicked.  The only difference is the righteous need not fear - G-d will stand with them in their dark hours.  See the song "Come Come Ye Saints".

I think both please and strawberry need to remember that sometimes its a bit of both reasons. What if someone who wasn't mormon watched how you dealt with the situation and was converted by your strength and testimony that also happen to help you survive that tragic time. What I'm saying is sometimes tragic things happen...But the lord gives us the will and strength to endure, it doesn't mean it was meant to happen to change your soul because you maybe a great person...But the out come of the tragedy brought forth great changes in others. In other words... :wow: God takes the worst things and lifts us up and strengthens us...it doesn't mean he wanted a disaster, it means he took a bad situation and helped us use it to grow,and strengthen ourselves and others, isn't that how it should be? :unsure.dont know:

just my thouughts :D

In any case we have been warned that things would happen in the last days. To ignore or change what is happening into just an un-expected calamity, seems to me to slap God and his prophets in the face.

But what you say is so true. If you read my post above, I stated basically the same thing.

We look at things, when we have the Spirit, differently than those who don't. Those without the Spirit will see it as something they can't 'endure' and something an unfair God has issued forth.

Those who do have the Spirit will endure, long suffering, and still believe God is good and that good can come out of it.

I would recommend reading the BofM-first 10 or so chapters of 3rd Nephi. It was given to us for a reason.

Now settle down. I never said I had the perfect anything. But thank you for thinking so. As for ascending to heaven already, I have a mission, what about you?

You seem to be the one making all the judgments around here. Do you think you are so perfect that you can throw crap at others, calling them names and telling them they have no right, but you have?

One more thing, I am not the one who brought your family into it. You are. I was talking about the world in general and you put your son in the middle of it asking if he were wicked.

Wake up and read your owns posts a bit closer will ya? You come off with a stupid statement like my son's life altering injury could be for my benefit Where do you get the right to say such a terrible thing?

I wouldn't even begin to guess if you or your family were perfect or not. Read your own posts as you talk about your perfect city and your now perfect son. I would think your were perfect because I don't have the abilities that you profess to have. You say you speak the truth when you said talk about my family. I hate to have to tell you this but you will never have the ability know what is truth when it comes to my family...you are just not that special. Go ahead, seek for truth for your own family but don't pretend to second guess what is truth for mine okay?

Peace BTW, I did not bring my son into this thread. Go back and read it again, slowly this time, before you make another false statement like that.

I'm sorry, SF, I didn't mean to drag your son's situation into this discussion, I was hoping to use the example of what happened to him as an unfortunate circumstance that had nothing to do with his righteousness or wickedness, but rather as something that could have been avoided if he had had better equipment, supervision, or training, or a combination of those things.

I was trying to draw a parallel between his accident and the victims of the hurricane, but evidently there are some who think that everything that happens in life is directly tied to a person's righteousness. They think that only bad things happen to bad people.

Again, I apologize for any anxiety this has caused you.

Originally posted by john doe@Sep 3 2005, 10:48 PM

I'm sorry, SF, I didn't mean to drag your son's situation into this discussion, I was hoping to use the  example of what happened to him as an unfortunate circumstance that had nothing to do with his righteousness or wickedness, but rather as something that could have been avoided if he had had better equipment, supervision, or training, or a combination of those things.

I was trying to draw a parallel between his accident and the victims of the hurricane, but evidently there are some who think that everything that happens in life is directly tied to a person's righteousness. They think that only bad things happen to bad people.

John Doe,

I knew what your intentions were when I read your post the first time.

Anxiety? Yes but not from what you said.

It's funny how when somethings are said on a message board the spirit in which they intended it comes through.

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by john doe@Sep 3 2005, 10:48 PM

I'm sorry, SF, I didn't mean to drag your son's situation into this discussion, I was hoping to use the  example of what happened to him as an unfortunate circumstance that had nothing to do with his righteousness or wickedness, but rather as something that could have been avoided if he had had better equipment, supervision, or training, or a combination of those things.

I'm glad I'm not one of THOSE people who thinks that only bad things happen to bad people. My posts testify to that.

Guest Member_Deleted

Wake up and read your owns posts a bit closer will ya? You come off with a stupid statement like my son's life altering injury could be for my benefit Where do you get the right to say such a terrible thing?

I wouldn't even begin to guess if you or your family were perfect or not. Read your own posts as you talk about your perfect city and your now perfect son. I would think your were perfect because I don't have the abilities that you profess to have. You say you speak the truth when you said talk about my family. I hate to have to tell you this but you will never have the ability know what is truth when it comes to my family...you are just not that special. Go ahead, seek for truth for your own family but don't pretend to second guess what is truth for mine okay?

Peace BTW, I did not bring my son into this thread. Go back and read it again, slowly this time, before you make another false statement like that.

False statements? A mistake miss perfect. You really are something. Truth is in the scriptures try reading them sometime.

False statements? A mistake miss perfect. You really are something. Truth is in the scriptures try reading them sometime.

:unsure.dontknow: Simply not worth the effort to go over this again with you. Around and around and around you go, where you will stop nobody will know. :blink:

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by Strawberry Fields@Sep 4 2005, 12:08 AM

Please,Sep 3 2005, 11:57 PM]

Strawberry Fields,Sep 3 2005, 10:31 PM]

Please,Sep 3 2005, 04:15 PM]

Now settle down. I never said I had the perfect anything. But thank you for thinking so.  As for ascending to heaven already, I have a mission, what about you?

Wake up and read your owns posts a bit closer will ya?  You come off with a stupid statement like my son's life altering injury could be for my benefit  Where do you get the right to say such a terrible thing? 

I wouldn't even begin to guess if you or your family were perfect or not. Read your own posts as you talk about your perfect city and your now perfect son. I would think your were perfect because I don't have the abilities that you profess to have. You say you speak the truth when you said talk about my family. I hate  to have to tell you this but you will never have the ability know what is truth when it comes to my family...you are just not that special. Go ahead, seek for truth for your own family but don't pretend to second guess what is truth for mine okay?

Peace BTW, I did not bring my son into this thread. Go back and read it again, slowly this time,  before you make another false statement like that.

:unsure.dontknow: Simply not worth the effort to go over this again with you. Around and around and around you go, where you will stop nobody will know. :blink:

You are right, following you around and around has been quite dizzying. And where you will stop was where I was going to stop, but you never stop. :unsure.dontknow: I honestly think we are too much a like, we both want to have the last word. :lol::rolleyes::wow:

I have a question about the evacuees. They are being relocated in States across the USA but according to the new s, my State volunteered to take as many as 2000. On the news a plane was landing with 150 evacuates from New Orleans. They are being set up at Camp Williams which is just about 15 miles? aways from where I live.

Here is the kicker, when these people were put onto the airplane they were not told where they were going. They were not told where they were until the plane landed.Why would this information be a secret?

Here is a news link

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9209214/

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by Strawberry Fields@Sep 4 2005, 11:46 PM

I have a question about the evacuees. They are being relocated in States across the USA but according to the new s, my State volunteered to take as many as 2000. On the news a plane was landing with 150 evacuates from New Orleans. They are being set up at Camp Williams which is just about 15 miles? aways from where I live.

Here is the kicker, when these people were put onto the airplane they were not told where they were going. They were not told where they were until the plane landed.Why would this information be a secret?

Here is a news link

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9209214/

Maybe they would have thought they had a choice of where they might end up, and started demanding to go elsewhere. As it was, they just knew they were getting out of New Orleans.

Guest bizabra

Originally posted by Please+Sep 2 2005, 01:27 PM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-Strawberry Fields@Sep 2 2005, 11:19 AM

These people are Human...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9156612/

Yes they are human or we would only be worrying about them on a physical level.

Save the Whales doesn't mean ~ give them eternal salvation.

Humans are the ones who need to know God is in charge. People/humans

need to live right or suffer the consequences. Innocent people suffer because of the guilty all the time. It will be part of their judgment when all is said and done.

We cannot look upon someones needs and say ~ you are not worthy of help. Everyone is worthy of help, just by their existence. That isn't what this discussion was all about.

It was about "topic" wise, the wicked being the target of a just God.

And yes, Utah indeed needs to be warned.

Um, are you saying that the hurricane happened because the people who lived in it's path brought it upon themselves somehow? Help me out here, if I have read you wrong, please enlighten me.

Guest bizabra

Originally posted by Traveler@Sep 2 2005, 02:56 PM

I am not sure that some caught on to my post.  The post suggesting the Las Vegas should worry is a good example of someone that does not understand.

There is a link between natural events and wickedness but that does not mean that only the wicked suffer.  When nature challenges it comes to both righteous and wicked.  The only difference is the righteous need not fear - G-d will stand with them in their dark hours.  See the song "Come Come Ye Saints".

The wicked have no such spiritual assurance.  Therefore to the righteous all things turn for their good - they become stronger and more full of faith and rejoice in the journey.  Remember the Willie and Martin hand cart companies - it it through hardships the righteous become familiar with G-d.

The Traveler

Trav, the Willie and Martin handcart companies died because they were ignorant immigrants who did not understand that heading out west at the time of the year that they did with only handcarts and no oxen was a recipe for disaster. They died because they got a late start and had to haul their own patukas AND their gear without the strong muscles of draft animals.

It was throught this particular "hardship" that many of them became quite familar with death.

Guest bizabra

Originally posted by Ray@Sep 2 2005, 04:02 PM

It’s a little too late for some people, but for those who are still able and haven’t done it yet I recommend that we all prepare for emergencies as our prophets have told us.  And that means that we should all have at least a 72-hour emergency kit, if not a whole year supply of necessary food, clothing, make-shift shelter supplies, and any medical supplies a person needs, as well as some way to protect all of that stuff and transport it if necessary.

And to be totally honest, watching most of the news about this event has been rather frustrating, with too many people complaining about how other people haven’t been providing for their needs, or about how other people should be supplying the needs of those people, and not enough information about what those people can or should do to help themselves.  And while I am totally in favor of helping people who have needs, we should also be teaching the people we help to provide for themselves, or at least show some sincere gratitude when people go out of their way to offer assistance. 

Far too many people expect other people to take care of them!

And to help you know what I’m talking about, I saw several people complain about how they don’t have their prescription medicines or medical supplies, which a person would normally have in a First-Aid kit.  And I also saw several people complain about how they haven't had food or water in days.  I mean, really, it’s only been 5 days, so why didn’t they have that stuff before they needed it? 

And all this in a country that prides itself on shopping!?!

Jesus himself said that the poor would always be with us. I take this to mean that there will always be those who cannot support themselves. Just like all those folks in NO.

In the animal world, being unable to support yourself or your offspring would mean certain death, or at the very least, a hazardous chance of staying alive and keeping your kids alive. In the human sphere, it means we either take pity on those sorts of folks and be charitable and help support them and their children, or we condemn, mock, or simply not care, and they will die or struggle alone.

This quotation attributed to your own SON OF GOD INCARNATE should prompt us to act "humanely" and not judge or scorn "the least of these, my brethren", but with kindness and love help them in the wake of this natural catastrophe. How you treat those less fortunate or capable than yourself is a measure of your character and in your humanity.

Not everyone CAN take care of themselves or plan ahead. Are you a HUMAN or an ANIMAL? Do you pity and love and care for those less fortunate or less lucky than yourself? Do you treat them as you would Jesus, if you knew he was suffering as they are?

Or do you poke at them with a stick, comment on how stupid they are, then shrug and walk away, mumbling that they coulda shoulda helped themselves and leave them dying in their own misery?

Guess we can surmise the answer, eh?

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by shanstress70@Sep 7 2005, 05:48 AM

Yeah... what Biz said!

What did Biz say? What did Traveler say?

Have you read your Bible Lately? Christ gave a parable about the 10 virgins. Maybe you should read it again if you have read it already, and if not, read it and see where the WISE didn't give of their oil.

Or maybe the Cleansing of the temple by Christ?

Traveler's post was filled with WISDOM.

FYI, I have already done a lot to help those people and I will l continue to do more, but me giving my help and other people giving their help isn’t what I was talking about.

I was talking about my frustration with people who whine and complain about not having what they need, when they are the ones responsible for not doing what they needed to do to prepare themselves. And it also frustrates me that that instead of seeing people take responsibility for their own actions, or non-actions, and being humbled into learning from their experience, they are whining and complaining and acting as if everybody is supposed to help them when they didn’t even do what they needed to do to prepare themselves. And yes, I know that good people should help other people who have needs, but the people who have needs should ask or pray for help in humility, instead of making demands as if they are entitled. And good people should also teach other people how to provide for their own needs instead of teaching them to be dependent on others.

Or in other words, the best thing we can do for these people who were struck by Katrina, and for everybody else, is to teach people how important it is to prepare themselves for everything, instead of focusing our efforts on teaching people who provide emergency assistance to provide that assistance more quickly. And yes, I know we should try to provide emergency assistance as quickly as possible, but that really should not be the focus of our teachings and conversations.

Or in other words, instead of talking about how bad FEMA is or about how bad President Bush is or about how bad the Red Cross is because they weren’t there to provide assistance to most people until 6 days later, we should be talking about how people should always prepare themselves so they will have what they need for at least a few days or until help can arrive.

Sheesh, is this really so hard to understand?

Why was it so hard for people to prepare themselves to survive on their own, for only 6 days!?!

Answer: Because they really didn’t think they needed to prepare themselves and they expected other people to help them... when even then it might have been too late!

And btw, I wasn’t talking about people who got killed for reasons beyond their control either... but it was also possible for those people to be prepared for their own death.

"You are right, following you around and around has been quite dizzying. And where you will stop was where I was going to stop, but you never stop. :unsure.dontknow: I honestly think we are too much a like, we both want to have the last word. :lol::rolleyes: :wow:"

NO..... I want the last word........WORD ;)

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by lindy9556@Sep 7 2005, 02:36 PM

"You are right, following you around and around has been quite dizzying. And where you will stop was where I was going to stop, but you never stop. :unsure.dontknow: I honestly think we are too much a like, we both want to have the last word. :lol:  :rolleyes:  :wow:"

NO..... I want the last word........WORD ;)

Word! :P

I still agree with SF, Shanstress and Bizabra regarding the people affected by the hurricane in N.O.

SF described quite adequetly the difficulty in preparing for this kind of incident when your house is literally swept away from you, so making it impossible to keep/access whatever stocks you may have made already.

It is easy to accuse people for not leaving N.O. before the hurricane struck...if there were warnings in advance, but again SF listed quite reasonable reasons why some people would be unable to do so...not enough income to afford transport or a car, and how to decide where to relocate to, and how to start a new life in a strange place with little time to prepare...

I really do think you are still being a little too harsh Ray.

Also, Please, I don't buy into the Bible BofM stuff, so I don't see any parallels between these natural disasters and the 'evil' of mankind in those places...that is just coincidence.

I think it is time that you all sit back and think. we should be trying to come up with ways to help the people who have victims of this instead of pointing fingers at them. I feel that if we all pull together and have faith that we can help the people over come the things that are happening i don't think that fighting about why it happened is going to help those people. Only us taking action will help them and that is what we need to do at this point. I think we need to look around and prepare ourselves cause we don't know what is going to happen or were it will happen so one thing i ask is that you get your 72 hour kits ready and do what you can to help others so that if you are faced with a disaster that you know what to do and you are prepared. It is up to every one has humanbeings to help each other and love each other. When jesus was on the earth he loved every one even those who persecuted and later crucified him. When he was tired he said let the little ones come to me and when they crucified him what did he say forgive them for they know not what they do. So what right do we have to judge others and not help those in need. any way i know i am doing what i can to help and i think it is time that every one did the same.