Why is the Lord so detached from our world?

jeff_hawkins

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that the majority of the population in SLC now are not LDS.

what I understand is it is about 50/50 ... gays are having issues with the church and leadership-- but many members surrounding the new gay community vocalized how wonderful neighbors the gays made and how nice of people they were. this on public tv...

I have found a number of people who live a gay lifestyle to be nice people. I don't like what they do but they are nice people. Feel the same way about people who live together without being married. Don't like what they are doing but they are nice people.

Something about hating the sin and loving the sinner.

Ben Raines

I can relate a story here of a boy, now 19-years old, who was abused by his own father; mentally, physically, and sexually. I had nothing but tears in my eyes as I felt this boy emotion of the pain of many years he had to endure until the mother had enough and threw out the father.

Being the oldest sibling, at the age of twelve, he had taken the responsibility in providing for the family, standing in as a father role, this young boy, had no choice but to mature quicker than his norm age group. When I interviewed him, he was seventeen years old and joined the Marine Corps to provide monetary means for his family beside the mother’s meager income.

Now, those who sensitive to the spirit, can attest to when a prophet of the Lord before entering a room, the room becomes electrified of pure love, as it was emitting from GOD. When this boy entered, it was the same feeling of standing before GOD or a living prophet. Presiding over the Sacrament, I felt this right away and my curiosity got the best of me on whom it was. As I scan the chapel, I looked around the room to see who it could be among those who are entered the door.

Later, as this young man asked for a personal interview from me, I noted the same feeling as we met. I had several personal questions of his standing before the Lord. Surprising to me, this same young man, brought a few non-members to church, just being baptized himself, a month earlier, already following the promptings of the Spirit. I wish I could make this young man a High-Priest but the church and its guidelines prohibits ;)such.

To end a long interview, I have learned some valuable lessons from this young man about the Atonement and what it really mean’t to the faithful and blessed ones. His forgiveness for his own father for those years of abuse had me rethink our own position before the Savior on the topic of forgiveness. If he endured such painful atrocity in his life and yet, forgive his own mortal kin, we need to forgive even our own enemies, including our friends who either befriended us or used us. Thus, allowing the Lord to judge with a perfect judgment without Him in answering a vengeful prayer or desire of removing ones obstacles in our lives. Now, this may play differently for those who are ‘destroying angels’…:)

Edited by Hemidakota

what I understand is it is about 50/50 ... gays are having issues with the church and leadership-- but many members surrounding the new gay community vocalized how wonderful neighbors the gays made and how nice of people they were. this on public tv...

What is notable, is what brought down Noah time, what brought down the cities of the plain in Abraham's time, and the same will eventually bring down what is our time. All three have a common pattern.

I have found a number of people who live a gay lifestyle to be nice people. I don't like what they do but they are nice people. Feel the same way about people who live together without being married. Don't like what they are doing but they are nice people.

Ben Raines

I think Richard Simmons is a cutie patootie.

Just a side note...he slapped a man at Sky Harbor Airport who happened to be criticizing his dance videos. Go Richard! lol

Edited by GrandmaAri

Ben Raines

2 Tim. 3: 5

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

In 2008, around 1374 violent crimes were committed in Salt Lake City, ranging from minor sexual assaults to murder.

Crime Stats - Salt Lake City Police Department - stats are the combined stats of the 7 districts.

This is enough to be a problem. I think that more attention and focus should be placed on taking care of home, instead of so much taking care of the rest of the world. The stakes and wards in Salt Lake need to clean up the place considered the head-quarters of the restored church, because it's a filthy crime-riidden city.

I think we choose to see what we see and don't see in Salt Lake. I grew up there and if I compare the slc I grew up in to the slc I go and visit kit and kin in today-- it is filthy, rude, chaotic, pathetic and very worldly.

But don't you just live in Orem?

PAM :: But don't you just live in Orem?

12. You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this site to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.

PAM :: But don't you just live in Orem?

12. You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this site to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.

Did you listed or post it you are from Orem?

Plus you are taking the rule out of context. You can choose to not answer the question asked. I'm not invading a privacy by simply asking a question. The rule applies to posting information publically about a person that would otherwise be private. So please don't try and be condescending to me about following rules.