Scripture about pre earth gender? (spirit)

Ophiophagus

All human beings—male and female—are created in the image of God. Each is a beloved spirit son or daughter of heavenly parents, and, as such, each has a divine nature and destiny. Gender is an essential characteristic of individual premortal, mortal, and eternal identity and purpose. The Family: A Proclamation to the World

That's the most direct reference I'm aware of. I'm not sure if there are any scriptural references that are as clear-cut. I'm sure someone will prove me wrong though. I'd be more interested in why you feel the issue of spiritual gender is important.

I swear there was a scripture about spiritual gender.

Anyone got any ideas?

You should not swear by earth for it is his footstool nor by heaven because it is his throne. ;)

I think restored scripture confirms we were always intelligent. I thought we were all equal intelligences. But if we have always been male and female, right there, there's distinction. So not everything is equal from the get-go. If that is the case, then it seems to me that it's very likely that we would have to have been of different qualities or amounts of intelligence.

Do you think the intelligences were different somehow? Do you think male intelligence and female intelligence are different. From a Restored Gospel perspective.

Iv always enjoyed that Men and Women are very different, and I am thankful for it. And I celebrate those differences. But we are very equal and have strengths that differ.

Anyways I was on this other thread about Gays and what kind of answers they could find. But of course we went nowhere (understandably) But It did lead me down another path which I personally think offers the most insight into the issue. This is what I found.

Boyd K. Packer

I ask you the same question that Paul asked the Corinthians: “What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?”11 Your gender was determined in the premortal existence.

Elder David A. Bednar of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles: “[Gender] in large measure defines who we are, why we are here upon the earth, and what we are to do and become. For divine purposes, male and female spirits are different, distinctive, and complementary. … The unique combination of spiritual, physical, mental, and emotional capacities of both males and females were needed to implement the plan of happiness” (“Marriage Is Essential to His Eternal Plan,” Liahona, June 2006, 51; Ensign, June 2006, 83).

Julie B. Beck, Relief Society general president: “As spirit daughters of God, women ‘received their first lessons in the world of spirits and were prepared to come forth’ (D&C 138:56) on the earth. They were among the ‘noble and great ones’ (D&C 138:55) who ‘shouted for joy’ (Job 38:7) at the creation of the earth because they would be given a physical body with the opportunity to be proven in a mortal sphere (see Abraham 3:25). They wished to work side by side with righteous men to accomplish eternal goals that neither can attain independently. Female roles did not begin on earth, and they do not end here. A woman who treasures motherhood on earth will treasure motherhood in the world to come” (“A ‘Mother Heart,’ ” Liahona and Ensign, May 2004, 76).

Elder Richard G. Scott of the

Quorum of the Twelve Apostles has taught that our creation as male and female children of God “was done spiritually in your premortal existence when you lived in the presence of your Father in Heaven. Your gender existed before you came to earth.” 4

I swear there was a scripture about spiritual gender.

Anyone got any ideas?

Did you ask GOD? If not, then why not? If you desire to know the answer, approach the Godhead in asking for an answer. Have faith in your own abilities in receiving an answer. It will only benefit you and your own posterity. :)

Have you note those who do have the ability to see the past, pre-mortal world, same pattern of seeing gender spirits. Noting what is given, how does this fair with the story given in the book of Genesis as Adam [meaning being first] and not the term 'man' replacing it, has to do with creation of such being? There is something in this gem of a story that many members I believe miss the mark in understanding our past heritage.

Professor Robert Millet stated once - "...because of Joseph Smith, we enjoy a meaningful understanding of the world to come, the nature of its sociality, glory, and purpose."

Then went on to say - "First of all, we know that the resurrection is corporeal, that it consists of the inseparable union of body and spirit (see Alma 11:43-45). The world in which we will yet live is a material world (D&C 131:7-8). Men will continue to be men and women will continue to be women. The sacred duties associated with gender differences are both divine and eternal. The family unit will continue, and that same sociality which exists among us here will exist among us there, only it will be coupled with eternal glory, which glory we do not now enjoy (D&C 130:2). Thus the promise given to those who enter into the new and everlasting covenant of marriage and live worthy of the covenant they have made is that they will receive of the fulness and glory of the Father and will be gods, because they have no end; therefore shall they be from everlasting to everlasting, because they continue; then shall they be above all, because all things are subject unto them. Then shall they be gods, because they have all power, and the angels are subject unto them. (D&C 132:20; see also 76:58-60.)"

I did ask God. He spoke through the Prophets.

I just thought those that are gender confused (Gay) might find hope if they could somehow determine what gender they were before getting their bodies. Makes extraordinary sense to me. But thats me. :)

I can't see the purpose of God putting a female spirit in a male body or visa-versa. I do believe, though, there is a bell shaped curve as to the female and male attributes of each individual spirit and that could be the root of some confusion. And in other people it may be that the spirit is not confused but the corrupted body has genes that influence actions different from what their spirit attributes would choose, creating confusion. ... or a combination of the two. But, I don't believe God would put a female spirit into a male body or a male spirit into a female body. He would not limit their growth that way, such as the opportunity to bear children or to hold the priesthood.

I did ask God. He spoke through the Prophets.

I just thought those that are gender confused (Gay) might find hope if they could somehow determine what gender they were before getting their bodies; makes extraordinary sense to me. But that’s me. :)

What I stated, is for you to speak to HIM personally. It is true the Savior will speak through His spokesperson – a prophet- but are allowed personal communication on variety of topics if we wish to know. Have faith in yourself in receiving such that your own edification is increase and your testimony grows in the Godhead.

There is no gender misplacement in any mortal bodies. However, there are physical genes defects we have suffer after thousands of years of cloning ourselves from Adam until now. Yet, we can correct this problem with today’s technology as to removal of extra sexual organs parts.

If one is gender confuse, it is matter of the person who needs to ask GOD directly for an answer and support; not to listen to the ‘whispering’ of those voices within.