2nd Chance At Life

Guest azmom

:wacko: Its funny how some times it takes a life and death situation to give you a clue as to are you who you really are and where you are going. I am going through brain cancer. I had to tell my kids that I might not make it. I was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. I like to think about the hymn I need they every hour. I aways knew I was a child of god and that he loved me but somehow now it has really sunk in deep how much he watches over us and loves. And that with his help you can do anything even walk though fire if you had to.

:idea: azmon

Originally posted by azmom@Oct 11 2005, 11:32 PM

:wacko: Its funny how some times it takes a life and death situation to give you a clue as to are you who you really are and where you are going.  I am going through brain cancer.  I had to tell my kids that I might not make it.  I was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do.  I like to think about the hymn I need they every hour.  I aways knew I was  a child of god and that he loved me but somehow now it has really sunk in deep how much he watches over us and loves.  And that with his help you can do anything even walk though fire if you had to.

Wow.

You sure have a lot to deal with. Would it help for you to share this experience with us? This message board can be a tool for getting things off your chest as many do at one time or another. How old are your children? How long have you known about the cancer? Do you have a great support system already?

I HATE cancer. Lung Cancer robbed many years from my mother who died a few years ago at the age of 63.

What are they doing as far as treatment options for you?

I will pray for you and your family. I am so happy that you are able to feel the love of our Heavenly Father.

Hugs, SF

AZ~

It was great talking to you in chat.... you have such a spirit about you it was amazing. It helps sometimes for the rest of us to put things into perspeective..... the things we think as huge trials in our lives, are nothing compared to what you are going thru right now.

Just knowing that God and Jesus Christ are there waiting for us is comfort in itself, but when we hurt so deeply inside over something, and humble ourselves before God.....the comfort level is sooooo much greater just feeling that love, that peace, and knowing that we are worth so much in His eyes. I'm glad you found that comfort within His love....keep it around you......you'll do great!

Prayers and all the best thoughts go out to you for a complete recovery, and I hope that you have the best 2nd chance at life ever! :)

Ugh... I don't even know what to say to you. I know it must be so hard, but I really can't fathom what it would be like to have cancer.

We are all here for you if you need to just chat about it. It's OK to whine once in a while, although it's also important to keep a positive attitude. Faith in something bigger than ourselves is helpful during times like these. It sounds like you're doing well in that dept.

Last year about this time, I had a cancer scare. The doctor thought I had lymphoma and took a biopsy of the inside of my throat. That was the longest two weeks I've ever been through! Every possibility went through my mind, and it was all I could think about. During the time I was waiting to hear the results, a friend/coworker died of cancer, and I was sitting at her funeral wondering if I would be next.

Thankfully it wasn't, but I feel so fragile now, and know that it can absolutely happen to anyone at anytime. My mother has had breast cancer, and just recently another coworker was diagnosed and awaits surgery and chemo. Anyway, that experience totally changed me and I tend not to take each day for granted the way I did in the past. I try to enjoy every minute of my small child and husband.

Good luck to you, AZMOM!

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by shanstress70@Oct 12 2005, 10:32 AM

Ugh... I don't even know what to say to you.  I know it must be so hard, but I really can't fathom what it would be like to have cancer.

We are all here for you if you need to just chat about it.  It's OK to whine once in a while, although it's also important to keep a positive attitude.  Faith in something bigger than ourselves is helpful during times like these.  It sounds like you're doing well in that dept.

Last year about this time, I had a cancer scare.  The doctor thought I had lymphoma and took a biopsy of the inside of my throat.  That was the longest two weeks I've ever been through!  Every possibility went through my mind, and it was all I could think about.  During the time I was waiting to hear the results, a friend/coworker died of cancer, and I was sitting at her funeral wondering if I would be next.

Thankfully it wasn't, but I feel so fragile now, and know that it can absolutely happen to anyone at anytime.  My mother has had breast cancer, and just recently another coworker was diagnosed and awaits surgery and chemo.  Anyway, that experience totally changed me and I tend not to take each day for granted the way I did in the past.  I try to enjoy every minute of my small child and husband.

Good luck to you, AZMOM!

Wow Shanstress and AZ... I so agree... life is fragile. I hope and pray for all of us that we will be able to over come...

I know only one thing about cancer... it thrives in an acidic environment and that eating lots of broccoli, spinach, cabbage, carrots... and other things that fight acid in the body... and avoiding acidic foods helps... to prevent and even cure some cancers...

Originally posted by Please+Oct 12 2005, 02:51 PM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-shanstress70@Oct 12 2005, 10:32 AM

Ugh... I don't even know what to say to you.  I know it must be so hard, but I really can't fathom what it would be like to have cancer.

We are all here for you if you need to just chat about it.  It's OK to whine once in a while, although it's also important to keep a positive attitude.  Faith in something bigger than ourselves is helpful during times like these.  It sounds like you're doing well in that dept.

Last year about this time, I had a cancer scare.  The doctor thought I had lymphoma and took a biopsy of the inside of my throat.  That was the longest two weeks I've ever been through!  Every possibility went through my mind, and it was all I could think about.  During the time I was waiting to hear the results, a friend/coworker died of cancer, and I was sitting at her funeral wondering if I would be next.

Thankfully it wasn't, but I feel so fragile now, and know that it can absolutely happen to anyone at anytime.  My mother has had breast cancer, and just recently another coworker wpast.  I try to enjoy every minute of my small child and husband.as diagnosed and awaits surgery and chemo.  Anyway, that experience totally changed me and I tend not to take each day for granted the way I did in the 

Good luck to you, AZMOM!

Wow Shanstress and AZ... I so agree... life is fragile. I hope and pray for all of us that we will be able to over come...

I know only one thing about cancer... it thrives in an acidic environment and that eating lots of broccoli, spinach, cabbage, carrots... and other things that fight acid in the body... and avoiding acidic foods helps... to prevent and even cure some cancers...

Interesting Please, I didn't know that about the acid factor and cancer, Thanks for sharing that, :)

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by Strawberry Fields+Oct 13 2005, 07:37 AM-->

Originally posted by Please@Oct 12 2005, 02:51 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-shanstress70@Oct 12 2005, 10:32 AM

Thankfully it wasn't, but I feel so fragile now, and know that it can absolutely happen to anyone at anytime.  My mother has had breast cancer, and just recently another coworker wpast.  I try to enjoy every minute of my small child and husband.as diagnosed and awaits surgery and chemo.  Anyway, that experience totally changed me and I tend not to take each day for granted the way I did in the 

Good luck to you, AZMOM!

Interesting Please, I didn't know that about the acid factor and cancer, Thanks for sharing that, :)

I heard that on one of those heath watch things... thought with everyone getting cancer these days it was a bit of advice I would follow...

I'm sure you know to take all of these health rumors with a grain of salt. There is so much out there that it's difficult to know what's correct. I'm all about alternative medicine, and I'm sure that one wouldn't do any harm since you should eat a lot of those types of things anyway, but don't you think if it worked, doctors would be telling people to follow that advice?

My mom has always eaten lots of veggies, including those that you mentioned, and she still got breast cancer.

Cancer is a scary, my mother has battled that devil though lung cancer and from that next it showed up in her brain, they put gold bee bees in to her skull so they could pinpoint were the radiation needed to go. She recovers from that.

She has had a fairly good life, she is 79 now and just recently she was told she now has inoperable cancer above the Adrenal gland but again the doctor has found a new mediation that they hope will prolong her life.

Don’t give up.

Another note, mom has been a heath food nut all her life.

I cant even look at Tofu once I left home.

Originally posted by azmom@Oct 11 2005, 10:32 PM

:wacko: Its funny how some times it takes a life and death situation to give you a clue as to are you who you really are and where you are going.  I am going through brain cancer.  I had to tell my kids that I might not make it.  I was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do.  I like to think about the hymn I need they every hour.  I aways knew I was  a child of god and that he loved me but somehow now it has really sunk in deep how much he watches over us and loves.  And that with his help you can do anything even walk though fire if you had to.

"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for thou art with me."

azmon - This does not need to be the hardest thing you have ever done but it appears to help you realize what is important. Count your blessings and rejoice in your journey and above all else realize that you need not face this alone.

the Traveler

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by shanstress70@Oct 13 2005, 11:21 AM

I'm sure you know to take all of these health rumors with a grain of salt.  There is so much out there that it's difficult to know what's correct.  I'm all about alternative medicine, and I'm sure that one wouldn't do any harm since you should eat a lot of those types of things anyway, but don't you think if it worked, doctors would be telling people to follow that advice? 

My mom has always eaten lots of veggies, including those that you mentioned, and she still got breast cancer.

Yeah... celery is also a akali aid... I wouldn't advocate any extreme ... but to keep a good ph balance..

Originally posted by Strawberry Fields+Oct 12 2005, 09:30 AM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-azmom@Oct 11 2005, 11:32 PM

Wow.

You sure have a lot to deal with. Would it help for you to share this experience with us? This message board can be a tool for getting things off your chest as many do at one time or another. How old are your children? How long have you known about the cancer? Do you have a great support system already?

I HATE cancer. Lung Cancer robbed many years from my mother who died a few years ago at the age of 63.

I will pray for you and your family. I am so happy that you are able to feel the love of our Heavenly Father.

Hugs, SF

Hey thanks everyone for all the replys and suport. I found out I had a brain tummor 2 months before my 35th birthaday. I had been having horible headaches for about a week then at work my left side became very blury and hard to see. I had my mom and sister come and get me I went to the doctor, that day and he gave me a shot of pain medicene and sent me home. The next day I couldn't even keep water down, when I couldn't stand the pain anymore I called mom and she told me I knew you were going to the hospital I was just waiting for your call, at the hospital they found a tumor the size a walnut and a day and a half latter on June 27th of this year at another hospital they removed a tumor the size of an orange. I have finshed 6 weeks of radation while on chemo, and I have 5 more months of chemo left. My son is 13 years old and my daughter is 11 years old. This is one of the hardest things I have gone though but it is not the hardest. I had a daughter pass a way from sids many years ago, I learned then that we are not alone and that our loved ones are around us and how much our hevanly father loves us. But on a happer note I have a wonderful feionce who has been their throw so much. we have been dating for the past 3 years. We are getting married this sat. He asked my children first before asking me to marry him, I found that out latter. Its nice to have something so positive to look forward to. :sparklygrin:

Originally posted by Strawberry Fields+Oct 12 2005, 09:30 AM-->

Wow.

Hugs, SF

Originally posted by azmom@Oct 14 2005, 04:34 PM

But on a happer note I have a wonderful feionce who has been their throw so much.  we have been dating for the past 3 years.  We are getting married this sat.  He asked my children first before asking me to marry him, I found that out latter.  Its nice to have something so positive to look forward to. :sparklygrin:

Hey AZmom..CONGRATS! That is wonderful! :)

Originally posted by azmom+Oct 14 2005, 05:34 PM-->

Hey thanks everyone for all the replys and suport.  I found out I had a brain tummor 2 months before my 35th birthaday.  I had been having horible headaches for about a week then at work my left side became very blury and hard to see.  I had my mom and sister come and get me I went to the doctor, that day and he gave me a shot of pain medicene and sent me home.  The next day I couldn't even keep water down, when I couldn't stand the pain anymore I called mom and she told me I knew you were going to the hospital I was just waiting for your call,  at the hospital they found a tumor the size a walnut and a day and a half latter on June 27th of this year at another hospital they removed a tumor the size of an orange.  I have finshed 6 weeks of radation while on chemo, and I have 5 more months of chemo left.  My son is 13 years old and my daughter is 11 years old.  This is one of the hardest things I have gone though but it is not the hardest.  I had a daughter pass a way from sids many years ago, I learned then that we are not alone and that our loved ones are around us and how much our hevanly father loves us.  But on a happer note I have a wonderful feionce who has been their throw so much.  we have been dating for the past 3 years.  We are getting married this sat.  He asked my children first before asking me to marry him, I found that out latter.  Its nice to have something so positive to look forward to. :sparklygrin:

Originally posted by Strawberry Fields@Oct 12 2005, 09:30 AM

Wow.

Hugs, SF

What an inspiration you are! Beat Wishes to you and your new formed family. :)

Keep us updated on how you are feeling.

I just had my 1st MRI done since the radiation, and the doctor said it was clear. That was such an incredible fleeing. I just finished a rough week of chemo, but now I get 3 weeks off :) that will make it nice with the wedding Sat. I am so excited. Thanks for all the support.

:) azmom