The Blind Side

RanMan

Ok, I know this is the LDS Movie forum, and this movie is not specifically LDS themed, but I figure that any movie that is worthy of LDS attention should be able to fit in this category. And besides, I love movies and hate seeing this part of the forum go relatively unused.

Excellent movie.

Possibly Sandra Bullock's best work to date. This is a character that I thought a big departure from most of her other roles and of course is central to the effectiveness of the movie.

This is based on true events. It involves a well-to-do white family taking in a young black man. Mostly it is about seeing someone being given a chance to shine, because someone took the time to care. And that is a beautiful message.

If you get a chance, this is a great movie to see.

:)

Haven't seen it yet, but I really want to. It's a great story involving a member of my favorite NFL team.

I'm surprised you weren't out there the first weekend with it being about Michael Oher.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Ok, I know this is the LDS Movie forum, and this movie is not specifically LDS themed, but I figure that any movie that is worthy of LDS attention should be able to fit in this category. And besides, I love movies and hate seeing this part of the forum go relatively unused.

Excellent movie.

Possibly Sandra Bullock's best work to date. This is a character that I thought a big departure from most of her other roles and of course is central to the effectiveness of the movie.

This is based on true events. It involves a well-to-do white family taking in a young black man. Mostly it is about seeing someone being given a chance to shine, because someone took the time to care. And that is a beautiful message.

If you get a chance, this is a great movie to see.

:)

seconding this

very good movie.

Invictus is also up there altho there are one or two moments in the movie that have language out on the field.... (I dont think it's audibly understandible, but you'll find out if you have subtitles going, or if you have a way to filter out the other noise that's more prevalent at the time)

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...