2010 Winter Olympics

Bethie

If you want to track the medals:

2010 Winter Olympics - Vancouver, Canada - Total Medals By Nation - SI.com

Disclaimer: Those on the west side of the US are on tape delay so if you don't want to know results of an event going on...don't check it out. lol

Edited by pam

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the sports commentators was talking about hockey and said he'd love to see a Canada/USA final game. Just to show that North America is not to be messed with when it comes to hockey.

One of the sports commentators was talking about hockey and said he'd love to see a Canada/USA final game. Just to show that North America is not to be messed with when it comes to hockey.

You mean a repeat of the SLC 2002 Olympics where Canada beat the US in both? Sure I would go for that. ;)

M.

Last night I caught two Chinese couples and a German couple. I wasn't too impressed with China, despite the fact that they tend to be strong technically, they always come across to me as emotionless and with no theatrical element at all. Germany had a great performance, however.

I'm not sure you caught the first Chinese couple. The ones that skated first in the draw. They were absolutely amazing. They got the highest score in the history of the Olympics.

I'm not sure you caught the first Chinese couple. The ones that skated first in the draw. They were absolutely amazing. They got the highest score in the history of the Olympics.

No, I'm thinking I caught the very last of the skaters.. But wow, that's awesome! It's always neat to see people from oppressed countries excel in the Olympics. They're free to shine and have their special moment.

I have to admit I am a bit worried about the judging as were the commentators. Two of the couples that finished inthe top 5 of the short program should not be there. Even the commentators such as Scott Hamilton said they should not. One couple both fell during their skate yet they ended up in one of the top spots after all was said and done.

Edited by pam

Last night I caught two Chinese couples and a German couple. I wasn't too impressed with China, despite the fact that they tend to be strong technically, they always come across to me as emotionless and with no theatrical element at all. Germany had a great performance, however.

The couple from China that won silver were wonderful. They were so elegant and had a perfect performance. I really enjoyed watching them.

M.

Im just hoping I haven't missed the guy who I want to see in the men's short program tonight. I kept trying to switch back and forth between Olympics and American Idol. But I'm a fan of Jeremy Abbott.