Do you walk around the house in your garemnts ?

lizzy12

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. 12 to 18. I even go out in public in them, but generally I wear clothes over them when I do.

I just happened to notice this. JD did you forget that your daughter is 19 and not 18? Come on dad!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I only saw my dad in his Garments if he was changing into PJs, I didn't even realize their were symbols on them until I was getting ready to go to the temple. They washed them and folded them as anything else. I'm not going to walk around the house with them but I don't have an aversion of people seeing them.

• 2 weeks later...

Ever since I was a teenager I have been extremely modest. I am just not comfortable walking around in just my garments. I always say they are just like my skin so without clothes over them I feel naked. I always wear pajamas too. I wish I could be more open like some of you are. When my children were very young it didn't bother me if they saw me dressing or naked but as they got older I was very uncomfortable with them looking at me. My husband generally wears shorts over his garments when walking around the house but he doesn't wear a shirt over his top garment.

Growing up, my dad always walked around in his garments. I don't remember it bothering me at all though. When I was a teenager I went to my friend's house and her dad (my bishop) was coming up the stairs in his garments. He was very embarrased and so was I. Now I look back and think it was pretty funny!

I'm a convert, so I haven't really had a role model since childhood. But I keep them covered. My wife, a native of Utah, says that her and her friends dads always walked around the house without a shirt over their garments and that I'm a weirdo :).

On an only slightly related note, I once rang a doorbell and an old man answered the door without a shirt covering his garment top. He was extremely rude to me. Like I would have been shocked at his rudeness even if he weren't obviously an endowed member of the Church.

My mother doesn't even leave her bedroom in the morning until her face is on completely. I can't even recall when I've seen her naked. My dad HAD to get dressed to come out in the morning because he slept in the buff.

I don't have any kids, but I get completely dressed and my hair brushed and shoes on before I leave my bedroom, but put my face on only if I'm going out or expecting someone. My husband actually wears sweats to bed (It's 108 outside today, so tonight will be about 85) and if he doesn't have to leave the house, he'll wear them until he goes to bed again. BLECH.