New Here,

MorMan55

I recently converted> I was born a catholic, converted to buddhism, then became a Jehovah\'s Witness, and was briefly a scientologist. I think the LDS church is what I\'ve been looking for this whole time. My friends/family think i like joining \'cults.\' how can i explain to them that this is what feels right? how can i tell them they can\'t come to temple with me? Why can\'t they just accept me like all the mormons i\'ve met so far?

I recently converted> I was born a catholic, converted to buddhism, then became a Jehovah\'s Witness, and was briefly a scientologist. I think the LDS church is what I\'ve been looking for this whole time. My friends/family think i like joining \'cults.\' how can i explain to them that this is what feels right? how can i tell them they can\'t come to temple with me? Why can\'t they just accept me like all the mormons i\'ve met so far?

NICE!!!! You have some experience of each belief and can be a helpful tool to teach with.

How? It is only done by the Holy Ghost but requires them to have a humble and sincere contrite spirit in order for the Holy Ghost to leave an impression or confirmation of the truth you are conveying.

new member, has joined all the other big religions (that have very little in common) that are viewed as "cult" and tosses out some of the most controversial Mormon issues.

I'm thinking

Posted Image

However in the event i'm wrong (which i doubt) i would say OP your family has every right to be concerned when you look into a new religion based on your track record and would suggest putting some more research into future endeavors,

\A\n\d\\r\e\a\l\l\y\,\\w\h\o\\c\a\n\\b\l\a\m\e\\h\i\m\?\\\\T\h\e\y\\A\R\E\\p\r\e\t\t\y\\c\o\o\l\.\

N'o't' a's' c'o'o'l' a's' r'a'n'd'o'm' a'p'o's't'r'o'p'h'e's' a'n'd' n'o'w'h'e'r'e' 'n'e'a'r' a's' 'p'o'p'u'l'a'r'.

Edit: To actually be serious and comment on the OP. I recommend you do some research over at Neal A. Maxwell Institute for Religious Scholarship - Home

Edited by Dravin

I suggest you learn the gospel and to live it. Be the best LDS-Christian you can be, and with time your family will see the difference. Stop jumping from church to church, as that only shows them you are unable to make up your mind.

Establishing yourself in the Church, developing your spirituality, and loving your family in the best Christian way will allow them to see what good the LDS Church has brought into your life. From there, some of them may later be interested in what it is that has made you a better person. Give it time, and they will slowly begin to see the good it creates within you.

Oh, and keep a sense of humor. All of history, whether Mormon, Catholic, Baptist, Buddhist, etc., is full of events that we just cannot understand today from the modern perspective.

new member, has joined all the other big religions (that have very little in common) that are viewed as "cult" and tosses out some of the most controversial Mormon issues.

I'm thinking

Posted Image

However in the event i'm wrong (which i doubt) i would say OP your family has every right to be concerned when you look into a new religion based on your track record and would suggest putting some more research into future endeavors,

Ahhhh that is so dang cute. I want one.

LOL!!!

good one.

I say let them say what they will, and thank them for their info, and let the spirit continue to testify that this is the Lords church. The savior is the only one we worry about pleasing.