Shepards for the Gay

Moksha

I was just reading another thread talking about the commonality of the LDS and the Catholic Church in their willingness to stand against homosexuality. That however got men thinking about gay people who insist on acting on their gay sexuality. Should they be cast adrift on the religious sea? Should they be referred to a Shepard willing to include them into their flock?

What about heterosexual people who insist on acting on their hetero sexuality with people they are not married to? Should they be cast adrift on the religious sea? Should they be referred to a Shepard(sic) willing to include them into their flock? How should we treat people who insist on willfully breaking the commandments, any commandments, of God without remorse or desire to repent?

What about heterosexual people who insist on acting on their hetero sexuality with people they are not married to? Should they be cast adrift on the religious sea? Should they be referred to a Shepard(sic) willing to include them into their flock? How should we treat people who insist on willfully breaking the commandments, any commandments, of God without remorse or desire to repent?

Good question. How should we treat those people as well?

Should the idea that a Church is a hospital for sinners enter into the picture? If so, the hospital would need to admit the sinner for treatment even when the sinner is not symptom free.

BTW, nothing (sic) about the symbolism of a shepard and his flock. It is very biblical.

"I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance." - Luke 5:32

Is the Church's advice to the homosexual any different than its advice to the heterosexual? The message is the same, that the act of sexual congress is excercising the power of creation, and should be excercised only within the bounds of a legal and lawful marriage.

Good question. How should we treat those people as well?

BTW, nothing (sic) about the symbolism of a shepard and his flock. It is very biblical.

I hope you already knew this......(sic) means that he was aware he was misspelling "shepherd", that he was doing it because it had been previously done.

One of my pet peeves. Why do some feel they have to differentiate between gay and heterosexual when it comes to committing fornication? Why the emphasis on gay? Fornication or adultery is the same no matter the sexual preference.

I hope you already knew this......(sic) means that he was aware he was misspelling "shepherd", that he was doing it because it had been previously done.

You know, shepard or sheperd or sheppard or shepperd or shepherd is one of those words with multiple correct spellings. I prefer shepard because it has less letters.

You know, shepard or sheperd or sheppard or shepperd or shepherd is one of those words with multiple correct spellings. I prefer shepard because it has less letters.

Err... Moksha? Shepherd doesn't have multiple spellings in English. It's possible you're thinking of some other language?

Shepherd means 'Sheep Herd'. 'Shepard' was the last name of 'Sam Shepard', a US Playwright.

We should treat anyone who sin on the same level. This also includes incestial acts.

I'm sure you mean "insestual acts."

I would agree, as long as the incest takes place between two consenting adults; I have a problem applying the 'same level' argument when the insestual act is between an adult and a minor child, as that is generally known as molestation; which I have no sympathy for in the slightest.

I would agree, as long as the incest takes place between two consenting adults; I have a problem applying the 'same level' argument when the insestual act is between an adult and a minor child, as that is generally known as molestation; which I have no sympathy for in the slightest.

I'm sure you mean incestuous.

May have meant insectual acts, especially if the use of antennae were involved.

So all you astute and vigilant spellers, what about the need for religious guidance of active homosexuals? Should they allowed to be part of a religious congregation even if they are homosexually active?

So all you astute and vigilant spellers, what about the need for religious guidance of active homosexuals? Should they allowed to be part of a religious congregation even if they are homosexually active?

They should and are. Everyone should be allowed to be part of a religious congregation. However, in the LDS church, you can't hold a calling. You can still come to church if you're gay and that should never change. Everyone should feel welcome, even if they can't hold a calling.

There are wards in San Francisco where those who attend are predominantly homosexual; the doctrine taught in those wards is identical to any other family ward; which is that sexual congress is the sacred act of creation and should be comitted only between those legally and lawfully married.

If memory serves, they even have their own newsletter out that way.. I believe it was called the 'sunset' or something to that effect.

I used to shoot professionally and one of the groups I would train was the "Pink Pistols," a homosexual oriented shooting club based in San Francisco. Good, honest, hard working people that deserve not one less iota of support than any other Son or Daughter of our living God.

I'm not sure what else there is to say on this subject, honestly.