Do You Like Ldstalk.com?

Heather

The site truly has exploded in the past 5 months since I got my act together and redid the whole thing. This truly is because of the wonderful users and the dedicated moderators. Each and everyone of the moderators has been truly exceptional, and I want them to know how much I appreciate them. (You should too!)

Just to give you an idea of how much the site has improved: we had 78,065 hits in July 2005. Last month we had 502,930. This month already we've had 260,662. It's reaching the point that I'm going over in bandwidth every month and will need to be increasing my hosting plan. That's awesome!

This site would be nothing without those of you who participate in the discussions. I truly am interested in making this site a place everyone can enjoy and would love to hear from you if you ever have any ideas or concerns.

Over the next few months I am going to dedicate myself to improving search engine rankings and bringing even more users into the site. So here is how you can help:

- If you have a website, blog, or even post on other forums, add a small link to http://www.ldstalk.com in your signature. (For example: I like to hang out at LDS Talk. Come visit me: http://www.ldstalk.com) This is called backlinking, and tells the search engines that ldstalk.com is an important site. LDSTalk.com has a Google rating of 4/10 right now. That actually is very good. LDS.org has a ranking of 6/10, just to give you an idea, and it has thousands of backlinks.

- Be sure to submit your site to the links section of LDS Talk. This will increase your web exposure as well, and it will continue to improve it as LDS Talk's rating improves.

- Invite your friends to join LDS Talk.

- Continue to use the report a moderator link the moment you see anything questionable. The users on the site truly are our best moderators, and there is no way we could maintain the standards we've set without you.

Here is my plan of action:

1 - Double bandwidth and webspace for the site

2 - Update to Invision Board 2.1

3 - Add Photo Gallery and E-cards

4 - Invite more LDS sites to post in the links forum and ask them to reciprocate

5 - Listen to the users and work on ways to improving the site

Originally posted by Snow+Jan 10 2006, 11:57 PM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-Aristotle@Jan 10 2006, 09:00 PM

No one has been rude or offensive, and we appreciate that.

Thanks,

- The Aristotles

I must have had an off month.

I apologize and I'll try harder. :wacko:

Please give us ample warning when you start behaving badly so we can be prepared by bypassing your posts. LOL

I don't get a chance to come here that much anymore, but when I get some spare time I still like to check in. I have really enjoyed this board a lot in the last year and a half or so, and have met lots of great people that I consider friends. Even though this is a place of differing opinions, I think everyone gets along great here and shows respect to others (mostly!).

Thanks Heatha! :D

...Rude and offensive comments are good for the constitution. Or so I've been lead to believe.

I've heard that it's a high fibre diet that's good for the constitution. :P

I like to visit and post at LDStalk. The site itself is quite crisp and clean looking and easy to use; and the recent variety of new posters have made the site quite interesting again. I will always come and check out what's happening at LDStalk. :D

M.

<div class='quotemain'>

Just wanted to let everyone know that LDS Talk has hit #6 on the search "lds chat" in Google. When I started this thread, it wasn't even in the top 20.

That's because it has everything! Comedy, tragedy. drama, love, and darn good cheesecake. Very nice job, Heather. B)

I can do without the tragedy and drama, but I'm a sucker for cheesecake! Where do I get a slice? :D