Utah Drivers- revisited

marshac

Does Cali require Drivers Ed? That's the thing that floors me, Utah requires Drivers Ed but you sure wouldn't guess it from the way people drive. :D

I'm not sure it all soaks in even if Driver's Ed is required. I overheard a group of teenagers talking a while back about learning how to drive. One of the them said that she couldn't wait until she had her driver's license so she could quit doing all the dumb stuff they were learning in their Driver's Ed class. Yikes!

Utah requires* you complete a Driver's Ed course before you can get your permit, and then the written and driving exam for a license.

actually no not anymore, you can get it at 15 and you are required to have your permit before you can even take the class now and you have to take a written test to get it and the do the test right inside the drivers license building then once you have that you take the course and pass it take the driving exam then after you've had your permit for 6 months and are 16 you can get your license if you passed and completed everything

I was out on the freeway the other day and remembered the physics principle that going slower saves gas. So I went 60. Seemed reasonable for someone in my age group, kind of like sensible shoes. Anyway, a lot of cars sure did zoom by me. Makes me wonder what days the highway patrol is on duty.

Or when you see a HP moving along with the speedy traffic and do nothing. We have this issue in California. Personally, they are just as bad as trying to enforce the laws. Not blaming all of them, but there are a few ‘bad apples’ in the bunch. :P

One evening going to my friend's dental office, driving down a four lane main road down the hill in the right lane, a driver in a SUV decided it was not worth his time in stopping but to slow down and then make a right turn onto the road I was traveling. Well, having a large oversize stop sign posted in big bright red that no one could miss, approach this driver's street intersection. It was one of those “what duh…” moments when he decided to pull out in front of me without thinking. Skidding first, then second, luckly my own driving skills and not having another car next to me allowed me to use the left lane quickly before careening into his suv. As we are still traveling down the hill I slowed down to get behind him to see who was the driver. To my astonishment, looking at his rear window, I noticed two CHP decals on the back window.

This was not my first encountered with the CHP personal cars and poor driving skills. :D