Banned members?

GDKT

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are people of other religions (or no religion) here, and we're not all going to have the same opinion. But we also have the right to say what we think-- as long as we do so in a grown-up way, without intention of picking on the mods, insulting people, or starting fights.

Well to be blunt about it no you don't, at least not here. You have no right to say anything on these boards, much in the same way you have no right to say anything at the Grocery store.

That said simple doctrinal disagreements don't trigger that particular rule, PrisonChaplin is a moderator and obviously has doctrinal disagreements as he isn't LDS. The rule isn't about disagreeing it's about disparaging. So you can say disagree with the conclusion that the First Presidency draws from a scripture, you cannot however accuse them of being scripturally ignorant baboons or intimate they're just out to brainwash members and lead them to hell or call the Church out for being false. Additionally, if we conclude your intent is not to engage in dialog but to attempt to steer people away from the LDS Church your time here is limited.

I personally love beef....especially with grilled onions and mushrooms and a lil bit of A1.

Site Rule #6:

6. Posting issues you have with a moderator or administrator anywhere on the site will not be allowed. Please follow the chain of authority if you have any concerns. Any such posts will be removed and the poster will be subject to the consequences of breaking the rules.

:lol:

Guest mormonmusic
Hidden

Well to be blunt about it no you don't, at least not here. You have no right to say anything on these boards, much in the same way you have no right to say anything at the Grocery store.

That said simple doctrinal disagreements don't trigger that particular rule, PrisonChaplin is a moderator and obviously has doctrinal disagreements as he isn't LDS. The rule isn't about disagreeing it's about disparaging. So you can say disagree with the conclusion that the First Presidency draws from a scripture, you cannot however accuse them of being scripturally ignorant baboons or intimate they're just out to brainwash members and lead them to hell or call the Church out for being false. Additionally, if we conclude your intent is not to engage in dialog but to attempt to steer people away from the LDS Church your time here is limited.

I'm not convinced of the latter statement -- after viewing lots of posts, I think those who disagree with established points of doctrine tend to receive the full brunt from others, in various shades. There are other LDS discussion forums online a person could go to in order to voice doctrinal disagreements....not this one.

I was doing some research on MOrmon Internet lingo, and the acronymn TBM was listed (stands for True Blue Mormon, or True Believing Mormon). This discussion forum seems to be more in that camp than the few others I've lurked around in. Others out there seem to be far more willing to embrace discussions that center on outright disagreeing with established points of the gospel such as tithing, etcetera, or embracing less stringent interpretations of the commandments.

Hopefully the term True Blue Mormon doesn't offend anyone though. I would take it as a complement since it means one accepts and does their best to the live the commandments and accept or even defend the official position of the Church.