Fire at site of Nashville mosque-under-construction

Wingnut

Fire at site of future Tenn. mosque troubles city - Yahoo! News

MURFREESBORO, Tenn. – A suspicious fire that damaged construction equipment at the site of a future mosque in Tennessee has some local Muslims worried that their project has been dragged into the national debate surrounding Manhattan's ground zero.

Authorities told leaders of the Islamic Center of Murfreesboro that four pieces of heavy construction equipment on the site were doused with an accelerant and one set ablaze early Saturday morning. The site is now being patrolled at all hours by the sheriff's department.

Where are you getting your info, TL10?

Well, I'm actually quite serious, but I found an article on the internet relating to my last post. A man attacked a Muslim cab driver with a knife. The driver escpaed and the attacker was arrested, but I'm concerned that things could get worse.

I'll post the link as soon as I find it.

Edit: Here it is, it's not the original article that I read, but this is close enough.

http://sify.com/news/us-man-charged-with-hate-crime-for-stabbing-muslim-cabbie-news-international-ki5x4ihdaac.html

Edited by TL10

Well, I'm actually quite serious, but I found an article on the internet relating to my last post. A man attacked a Muslim cab driver with a knife. The driver escpaed and the attacker was arrested, but I'm concerned that things could get worse.

I'll post the link as soon as I find it.

Edit: Here it is, it's not the original article that I read, but this is close enough.

http://sify.com/news/us-man-charged-with-hate-crime-for-stabbing-muslim-cabbie-news-international-ki5x4ihdaac.html

You do know that the perp in question is being held in a mental hospital and is likely insane, right? Not to mention he had been drinking for 4 hours beforehand.

Edited by PrinceofLight2000

You do know that the perp in question is being held in a mental hospital and is likely insane, right? Not to mention he had been drinking for 4 hours beforehand.

No, I did not know that. Thank's for the info.

But still, that's also part of my concern. Sure the decent, sane people might not attack Muslims, but the crazy, self righteous people could stir some trouble.

No, I did not know that. Thank's for the info.

But still, that's also part of my concern. Sure the decent, sane people might not attack Muslims, but the crazy, self righteous people could stir some trouble.

cra·zy

   /ˈkreɪzi/ Show Spelled [krey-zee] Show IPA adjective, -zi·er, -zi·est, noun, plural -zies.

–adjective

mentally deranged; demented; insane.

I would think it best for Mormon people to tone down any unpleasant rhetoric, lest we ourselves are ever tempted to act outside the bounds of loving our Muslim neighbors as ourselves.

I would think it best for Mormon people to tone down any unpleasant rhetoric, as we've been the ones torched and stabbed in past years, when people saw us as threats. We've been there. We ought to be empathetic.

Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

I would think it best for Mormon people to tone down any unpleasant rhetoric, as we've been the ones torched and stabbed in past years, when people saw us as threats. We've been there. We ought to be empathetic.

What "unpleasant rhetoric" would be stated? The man who was attacked was an innocent cab driver. We know the stabber was drunk, and all indications are pointing to his being insane as well. This isn't a discriminatory hate crime issue, the man was clearly out of his mind, either by insanity, intoxication, or both.

I don't know why you feel the need to straw-man Muslim intolerance/hatred amongst LDS into this incident, it's quite disturbing to me.

Why on earth would we wish an insane, drunken man to stab anyone, including an innocent Muslim? Do you believe the more conservative of us to do so? You're indirectly putting a huge blanket statement on your conservative opponents with this, and not only that, but members of your own faith.

Edited by PrinceofLight2000