Antibiotics and being Wasted

slamjet

So I've got a couple of teeth that broke a while ago. I have to wait until the end of the month until a dentist can take them out (my appointment). So this past Thursday, my mouth rocketed into major pain mode. I'm talking about excruciating pain and swollen face. Darvicet couldn't help. So I called in for an Rx of antibiotics thinking that's what was hurting so bad, and I couldn't go into my appointment with an infection. So I'm on day 2 of amoxicillin. Thing is, I'm on 875mg twice a day. It's been over 20 years since I last took any antibiotics.

The pain is now 75% gone, but I feel totally wasted. Is this normal for antibiotics?

It's just weird.

In one of our health centers where I work a couple of weeks ago, they gave a patient Darvocet and he had a terrible reaction. He started sweating profusely, lost all his strength, didn't know where he was, had trouble breathing, etc. Yes, you could be having an allergic reaction. I'd check it out with your doctor.

Perhaps the amoxicillin mixed with any residual of the darvocet is causing this to happen.

I know when I got horribly sick in April, the pain medication and the antibiotic they gave me caused me to feel this way. At one point I don't even remember driving to my doctors appointment for a followup. Left the appointment at 3:30 and about 7:30 that night woke up and realized I was still sitting in the parking lot of the medical group. That was quite scary.

I have odd reactions to medicines, because of this I am careful when it comes to medicine and usually do not take something I don't think I need. Cold medicines effect me the most, on regular dayquil I often feel dizzy and loopy. I have had halucinations on cough medicines. In general when I get a cold I tend to turn to herbal remedies as I don't like what the cold medicine does to me. It could be that you have unusual reactions to the medications your doctor has given you, you probably should talk to him about reactions you have had.