So sad numbers

Maya

I live close to Oslo (also Norway) and there the numbers for aborts is 50%! Most aborts are taken by young women between 20-25 propbably because the free p-pills, that a school healthsister can wite a discription for stop at 20. Many young women have taken more than one abort in a year. Health persons seem to be happy as it is used as pervantion.

One thing I am sure of is, that IF aborts were taken/given as easily as they do today then when I was born... I would never have been allowed to be born!

No-one asks the child!

– Vi snakker mye om den gode seksualiteten - Nyheter - Oslo - Aftenposten.no

I live close to Oslo (also Norway) and there the numbers for aborts is 50%! Most aborts are taken by young women between 20-25 propbably because the free p-pills, that a school healthsister can wite a discription for stop at 20. Many young women have taken more than one abort in a year. Health persons seem to be happy as it is used as pervantion.

One thing I am sure of is, that IF aborts were taken/given as easily as they do today then when I was born... I would never have been allowed to be born!

No-one asks the child!

T.T

No-one asks the child!

Since the article isn't in English, I can't tell what it says. But according to the graphs, the abortion rate actually went down in 2009.

Additionally, none of the graphs, as best as I can tell, say Oslo's overall abortion rate is fifty percent. I think it says for one specific population the abortion rate is fifty percent--but not for Oslo in its entirety. But again, I'm not sure because I can't read the article.

Is there a way to translate the article into English?

Elphaba

I live close to Oslo (also Norway) and there the numbers for aborts is 50%! Most aborts are taken by young women between 20-25 . . .

I was able to translate the article into English, and that's not what it says.

Rather, it says the abortion rate among women between 20 and 25 is fifty percent. That is very different from saying the abortion rate in Oslo itself is fifty percent.

I can see that it's still a disconcerting statistic for those opposed to abortion, but it's not as you described it.

Elphaba