Utah braces for winter storm that could be the worst in years

pam

I didn't want to take away from Iggy's thread about snow. For those of us in Utah, we are bracing for possibly one of the worst storms to hit the area in years according to a national meterologist.

Should hit Salt Lake City around 5:30 this evening. My brother in law who is the assistant store director for a grocery store said you would have thought this was the end of the world the way people are shopping today.

ksl.com - Residents urged to prepare for expected blizzard conditions

You mean, those Utah Mormons don't have a food supply at home and instead need to go shopping??? LOL! Or is it all the non-members who are doing the shopping?

And do they do what they do here in Indiana? It seems whenever a bad snowstorm is announced, people suddenly get a craving for French toast. Because you see dozens of people with bread, milk, and eggs in hand standing in line at the grocery store.....

Last time Utah issued a blizzard warning was in 2001. Today is a blizzard warning. My job is making no exceptions for missing work. Ugh...well they better not mind jeans at work tonight. :)

I didn't want to take away from Iggy's thread about snow. For those of us in Utah, we are bracing for possibly one of the worst storms to hit the area in years according to a national meterologist.

Should hit Salt Lake City around 5:30 this evening. My brother in law who is the assistant store director for a grocery store said you would have thought this was the end of the world the way people are shopping today.

ksl.com - Residents urged to prepare for expected blizzard conditions

Thanksgiving is Thursday so that may be having an impact. I know our plans to go north for Thanksgiving were canceled due to the impending weather which means we needed to find T-Day fixings today as shopping the day before Thanksgiving, storm or no storm, is undesirable before one factors in bad weather's effects being around for tomorrow.

I'm sure there is still no small amount of, "Oh no! Stock up!"

Edited by Dravin

It's 78 degrees in Florida today. We're in our shorts and bermuda shirts. I love life.

It gets down to 60 at night, so we light up the fireplace and drive the chill out.

I don't think I can live through a blizzard...

So a phone call from work a few minutes ago. Come early, bring a blanket just in case you are snowed in when morning hits and you can't get home. And we can wear HR approved pajamas. That sounds promising.

Actually the idea of being stuck there is a huge possibility. My son will have my car to get to his snow removal job during the night..and if he can't get to me...I just might be stuck there.

My Dad works at IMFT down in Lehi. Couple years ago when he got snowed in they opened the cafeteria on food was on the house.

Well we don't have a cafeteria...and I doubt they will open up the vending machines. If they do, I want the change instead of the food. :P

You know, before I'd bring change for a vending machine I'd grab something from the store. Lots cheaper, at least generally. I can get the sandwich crackers I love cheaper from the vending machines at school than I can the store.

You know if you plan it right you can stage a riot and do a smash and grab without anyone noticing.