Hello from Oz

MoreCoffee

Hi folks, I'm from Australia (West Coast, flood free) and I am a Catholic Christian.

Cheers

Yeah us awesome Australian's:D from the east coast myself... Victoria, also flood free now.. not so much last week, the rain cut off a few roads... horrible... as for me I am first and foremost a Christian, but if you really want a denomination I'm Baptist (Please don't shoot me I come in peace)

Kinda... Coincidence were both from Australia, yes, Coincidence were here on the same day... No. We are both members of another website and we had a good friend on that site, his name was Kurt, now Kurt was banned from the site due to argumentative threads on the Mormon faith and how they were not Christian, I myself and a few others such as morecoffee here found that this man had the love of the Lord in his heart even if what he believes is a little different from ours... He always responded kindly and respectfully to false allegations about his faith, and was eventually banned because of the amount of hate threads started while he was there.... many of us have tried to track him down, finding he is a member if this site, we have joined in the hope of keeping in contact with him

Edited by pam
No links to another chatsite

Hello friends of Kurt!!!

I'm so glad you made it here... yeah, I heard the Mormons have a hard time on that chat room. They have a hard time at the Catholic Answers forum as well.

But, it's all good! We're a mixed bunch here. We have some resident Catholics, Jews, Muslim, Protestants, and a handful of atheists here among others... Most of us are LDS, ex-LDS, wanna-be-LDS here though, so you'll see a lot of bias, of course - I mean, it's lds.net! :)

I'm LDS who grew up Catholic myself.

Looking forward to exchanging ideas with you!

P.S. I'm from the Philippines migrated to the US... I got friends in Oz who always make me drool when they talk about all the stuff they do there. My kids dream vacation is to spend 2 weeks at the Australia Zoo. Yep!

Hi MoreCoffee.

The nicest little old lady the planet earth has to offer, is a Catholic lady named Mary who lives in Holladay, UT. And I will fight to defend her honor from any challengers.

My two kids also enjoy getting deluged by a large wave of Catholic neighbor kids every week or so. I think they're up to 8 now. All great kids.

I don't like coffee though. My mom was bed-ridden, and used to dump her coffee into a can and empty her ash trays into it to put out the ashes. The aroma of cold stale coffee with cigarette ashes just stuck with me, and it's what I think about every time I'm around coffee. But we can still be buds though. :D

Hi MoreCoffee.

The nicest little old lady the planet earth has to offer, is a Catholic lady named Mary who lives in Holladay, UT. And I will fight to defend her honor from any challengers.

My two kids also enjoy getting deluged by a large wave of Catholic neighbor kids every week or so. I think they're up to 8 now. All great kids.

I don't like coffee though. My mom was bed-ridden, and used to dump her coffee into a can and empty her ash trays into it to put out the ashes. The aroma of cold stale coffee with cigarette ashes just stuck with me, and it's what I think about every time I'm around coffee. But we can still be buds though. :D

<chuckling> I didn't give my nickname enought thought for this forum - you see, I forgot that LDS folk avoid coffee and the truth be told I don't much like that stuff, I prefer tea (hot with milk in it). So deepest apologies to all who may be offended by the concept of "more coffee" rest assured I too think coffee can be quite gross.

Cheers.

PS: Being a Catholic I have all the vices ... I drink coffee, coke, and occasional sips of whisky and wine .... woe is me eh? </chuckles>

<chuckling> I didn't give my nickname enought thought for this forum - you see, I forgot that LDS folk avoid coffee and the truth be told I don't much like that stuff, I prefer tea (hot with milk in it). So deepest apologies to all who may be offended by the concept of "more coffee" rest assured I too think coffee can be quite gross.

Cheers.

PS: Being a Catholic I have all the vices ... I drink coffee, coke, and occasional sips of whisky and wine .... woe is me eh? </chuckles>

You'll just shake things up a bit. It'll be fun. Those controversial screen names.:evilbanana:

Wait, seriously? Or are you joking? :P

Bit of both...

Yes mine was pleasant... I'm quite glad that not much major bad things have happened to me In my discovery and walk with Christ (except Jeff's suicide, followed by a very convincing lie from the devil, which with the help of a few close Christian friends I overcome) but there is many miracles and spiritual growth...thus far anyway

Bit of both...

Ah, I see. Well, yes, I'm on your side :P Which makes me wonder why I haven't been banned yet...just two infractions worth 9 points total o_O

Yes mine was pleasant... I'm quite glad that not much major bad things have happened to me In my discovery and walk with Christ (except Jeff's suicide, followed by a very convincing lie from the devil, which with the help of a few close Christian friends I overcome) but there is many miracles and spiritual growth...thus far anyway

Mine has not been pleasant at all, unfortunately. It's why I have a very hard shell. It's been better, however, since moving away from home. But there are still old wounds that need healing.