Temple Recommend! Jr version

Me! I'm going to be able to do baptisms for the dead. I can't believe it. I'm so excited! The ward is going to Nauvoo, so of all the temples, how wonderful to be able to go there!

A friend took me to the Seattle Temple. I was able to go inside the front door a bit and it was just wonderful. I'm so excited to be able to actually go inside a temple!

I will suck up my lingering fear of the baptismal font. :D

Me! I'm going to be able to do baptisms for the dead. I can't believe it. I'm so excited! The ward is going to Nauvoo, so of all the temples, how wonderful to be able to go there!

A friend took me to the Seattle Temple. I was able to go inside the front door a bit and it was just wonderful. I'm so excited to be able to actually go inside a temple!

That is so exciting!

Fear of the baptismal font... the lifeguard/aquatics director in me cannot comprehend a fear of anything related to water including baptismal fonts. :D So, stop being a pansy and suck it up!

Fun! Doing baptisms is awesome! I miss doing them -- we just don't do them now that my hubby and I are married, lol, and we leave it to the youth of the Church. We enjoy doing sealings, but doing baptisms in the temple is just the first step! Congrats!

Edited by JThimm88

The Nauvoo temple has a beautiful baptismal font. Well, the font is the same as in all temples, but that temple is just so darned beautiful that even the font seems to be special.

Congrats on getting to the temple so soon! Return as often as you can and just think, in about a year you can get the "senior" version of the recommend! ;)

That is just wonderful news! Enjoy and let us know how it goes.

Well, what a wonderful day. The 20' of snow has melted and we had a safe drive down to Nauvoo. It was a little cloudy in the morning, but all was clear and beautiful when we left the temple and took pictures.:cool:

Before going in, we drove around Nauvoo a bit and I got to go to Joseph Smith's grave. I was so moved, I just had to stand there awhile and touch it. I had also seen the statute of Joseph and Hyrum on the internet and was thrilled, yet also saddened, to see it in person. I was surprised at the depth of emotion I felt, considering how new this all is to me.

Inside, everyone greeted us warmly. We went as a ward and another woman who was baptized around the time I was was there also. The Temple President welcomed us and let us go first into the font (OK, I coulda done without that :eek:, but alright). Once dressed and waiting for others, I was sitting in the little chapel area and my missionaries came to surprise me. They had been doing endowments upstairs, so I didn't even know they had been able to come. We took pictures together and had a generally good time. The sister I drove down with showed me some artifacts of the temple, such as the original keys to the original building.

I am still getting used to the idea of baptisms for the dead, but it was certainly a moving experience. It was humbling to have the Temple President tell me as I left the font, that because of my work, souls have been able to leave spirit prison.

So, a very good day. And another day that a year ago, you couldn't have bet me that I'd have.