What's unique about yourself?

LDSChristian

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes I wish my twins had been a boy and a girl. Then I could tell people how utterly ridiculous and stupid their question is when they ask if they are identical.

On the flip side you could insist they are identical and since they were born ambiguous you decided for a nice boy/girl set. Of course that would probably result in your kids being rather messed up in the head.

No, I once explained the recessive genes and parental hair combination stuff for red hair kids and I got a blank look and a quiet departure. It was great.

Kudos for taking the effort of an actual explanation. My criteria for a response would be short, technically correct, and generally unhelpful to most people asking.

Kudos for taking the effort of an actual explanation. My criteria for a response would be short, technically correct, and generally unhelpful to most people asking.

Because I got annoyed with people (not to difficult in my case) my explanation was: "My children both have red hair because it runs in both our families. So because my grandma had red hair, and my wife's grandma didn't, it was a good chance that our children would have red hair. But if either me or my wife had red hair, then our children would not had red hair unless we both had red hair. It's a recessive gene that jumps a generation."

Later I began to develop a stronger dislike for people's stupid questions so I shortened it to: "It runs in the family."

Later still, I just plain hated them all so it became: "Genes."

And this was over a week's time.

Because I got annoyed with people (not to difficult in my case) my explanation was: "My children both have red hair because it runs in both our families. So because my grandma had red hair, and my wife's grandma didn't, it was a good chance that our children would have red hair. But if either me or my wife had red hair, then our children would not had red hair unless we both had red hair. It's a recessive gene that jumps a generation."

Later I began to develop a stronger dislike for people's stupid questions so I shortened it to: "It runs in the family."

Next week, your answer will be "Rust".:P

I'm graduating high school a year early. And, I research wierd topics (Y'll know about that :) )

I'm the only one on LDS.net that graduated High School at age 15 and have an Engineering degree at age 20. (Right, Pam?)

I was able to pull off a 5 move checkmate last sunday :D

I check-mated my 7-year-old in 4 moves. Hey, he's good! He beat his dad twice just this week!

I have the ability to annoy people in just one single post.

:eek:

That's not unique. LDSChristian can do that too! JUST KIDDING LDSC! :D:D:D

Okay, one more thing:

I'm the only one I know whose husband (the father of both my children) was not allowed to leave Chuck-E-Cheese with our kids.

You're a much better person than me, I definitely would not pause and say, "MILKMAN" hubby present or not. :satan:

You're a much better person than me, I definitely would not pause and say, "MILKMAN" hubby present or not. :satan:

My ex actually said that once. The way she described the look on the other persons face made me wish I was there. Because this was another sister in church. :D She can be wicked when she wants to :D

Well, la-di-da! Hope you had fun proving me wrong :D

I only said it's what I've been told. I'm sure it may be the rule, but the norm may be different. We had twins because of IVF. We lied to everyone and told them it runs in our family because we hated explaining something that was nobody's business in the first place so why in the world do they pry? It was even worse when they (total strangers) demanded to know how our twins got their red hair. Like they would understand if I told them. :mad: Man, I HATE people most of the time.

Thank you for telling me I ain't as dumb as I know I am :)

Sheesh - For crying out loud slamjet don't get your knickers in such a knot. I was NOT calling you a liar or an idiot or stupid, and I resent you implying that I did.

I stated what I have seen in my genealogy- that twins are born to the males and females on my Dads side of the family.

The Surname Girl married and had twins. The Surname Boy married and had twins. OF course I don't have the family history for the spouses they married- so don't know if there are twins there.

Get a grip will ya.

My ex actually said that once. The way she described the look on the other persons face made me wish I was there. Because this was another sister in church. :D She can be wicked when she wants to :D

My husband is a bit of a jerk in this area. A few years ago when I was pregnant, we met with our bishop for tithing settlement, and he didn't yet know I was pregnant -- about 18 weeks at the time. When it came up in conversation, he looked at my husband and offered his congratulations. My husband, ever the smart alec, replied, "What? I didn't have anything to do with it."

Our bishop didn't quite know how to respond.

Sheesh - For crying out loud slamjet don't get your knickers in such a knot. I was NOT calling you a liar or an idiot or stupid, and I resent you implying that I did.

I stated what I have seen in my genealogy- that twins are born to the males and females on my Dads side of the family.

The Surname Girl married and had twins. The Surname Boy married and had twins. OF course I don't have the family history for the spouses they married- so don't know if there are twins there.

Get a grip will ya.

He was responding to MOE, not to you. And the smiley face in his post indicates that his knicker don't have a knot in them at all.

Did your mom have twin? Did your grandmother have twin? Because the odds are if your maternal grandmother had twins. you will have them. If your mother had twins, you will not. It skips a generations. At least that's what I've been told. Also, it's the mother only that decided if there will be twins. Never the father.

And I hope you would be so lucky to have twins. It's the best thing in the world. Matter of fact, people make fun of me because I still refer to babies in the plural, never singular. It's a Habit.

My paternal great-grandmother had twins. My maternal grandmother had twins. My mother had twins (2 sets). There is at least two sets of twins every generation on both sides of my family for about 7 generations.

My paternal great-grandmother had twins. My maternal grandmother had twins. My mother had twins (2 sets). There is at least two sets of twins every generation on both sides of my family for about 7 generations.

Wow, you are DOOMED! Start packing away diaper now, while you still have a couple dimes to yourself.