What's unique about yourself?

LDSChristian

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Godless

I stood on the Berlin Wall when I was 4 and had seen the Pyramids of Egypt, the ruins of Babylon, and the ancient city of Ur (alleged birthplace of Abraham) by the time I was 20, along with most of the major US national parks.

After having my twins, I was surprised by how many people said they wished they had twins as well. I just gave them strange looks.

How about the number of people who came up to you to declare they're twins to when you know that they're off their rocker. If every person who came up to me to tell me they're a twin, there would be hardly any single births out there :huh:

Or how about the mess of potty training two at a time. Or how about the babies room looking like an infirmary. Or when you went to church, your babies disappeared because the YW stole them (ok, that goes for all babies but to keep track of two?). Or when you went to the park, put them down and they ran in different directions leaving you to quickly deduce which one you loved best and get them first. Or trying to get a few bucks to stretch at Christmas and Birthdays because you had to get two presents minimum. Or when they got older they fought over who was wearing who's clothing. And then the fight over boyfriends. There's a cute story behind it, except it was when they were five.

Ah, the joys. I love having twins. They are great fun. And I got to double-down. :)

After having my twins, I was surprised by how many people said they wished they had twins as well. I just gave them strange looks.

I've actually long been at peace with the concept that I am genetically predetermined to have twins. They're everywhere in my family on both sides.

I can also write right and left handed. My left hand writing isn't as fast as the right but it can be about as neat.

That means you can't practice other hand therapy!

I've actually long been at peace with the concept that I am genetically predetermined to have twins. They're everywhere in my family on both sides.

Did your mom have twin? Did your grandmother have twin? Because the odds are if your maternal grandmother had twins. you will have them. If your mother had twins, you will not. It skips a generations. At least that's what I've been told. Also, it's the mother only that decided if there will be twins. Never the father.

And I hope you would be so lucky to have twins. It's the best thing in the world. Matter of fact, people make fun of me because I still refer to babies in the plural, never singular. It's a Habit.

Edited by slamjet
Clarification, because I mess up all the time.

Guest mirancs8

I am able to work on the computer, listen to talk radio, talk on the phone, and do other things all at the same time without losing any focus nor accuracy in my work.

Though I am right handed I can switch to my left. I eat with my left hand.

I have a wide range of "connection" for which I use freely to gather needed information. I have a reputation among those who know me well that I am the go to person.

I am able to work on the computer, listen to talk radio, talk on the phone, and do other things all at the same time without losing any focus nor accuracy in my work.

Ok, let's be real. Maybe it's because of my own mental limitations and stupidity, but I find this hard to believe. And if you can, you are majorly annoying. :mad: I'd hate to work with you. :mad: You would only serve to show the weakness of those around you :mad:

I jest, but my ex is like that. I hate it. Next to making me feel weak minded (not to difficult) but to hold a conversation with her while she's working at the same time was really annoying. :mad:

Guest mirancs8

Ok, let's be real. Maybe it's because of my own mental limitations and stupidity, but I find this hard to believe. And if you can, you are majorly annoying. :mad: I'd hate to work with you. :mad: You would only serve to show the weakness of those around you :mad:

I jest, but my ex is like that. I hate it. Next to making me feel weak minded (not to difficult) but to hold a conversation with her while she's working at the same time was really annoying. :mad:

LOL! You are not alone. My ex felt exactly the same way. He hated it and felt that it only pointed out that his limitations etc. My mother is another person who get's very upset about it. The thing that upsets her most is when I am working on the computer, listening to music, and she's talking to me all at the same time. Her argument is that she can't imagine that I hear anything she is saying. What's funny is my 10 year old is exactly like me and I love it. Drives everyone nuts. :P

Was you mom a twin? Was your grandmother a twin? Because the odds are if your maternal grandmother was a twin. you will have them. If your mother was a twin, you will not. It skips a generations. At least that's what I've been told. Also, it's the mother that decided if there will be twins. Never the father.

My mom is a twin. So it skips me, and then doesn't that mean that I'm more likely to have twins? If it was my grandmother, that would be skipping two generations.

I understand why he's your EX. I would of handed him the iron and told him to have a blast.

I'm not sure my wife even knows how to iron.

One time we were visiting my Mom, he came down the stairs waving his shirt and my Mom asked him if he was giving up? She did our laundry while we were sleeping (she only slept about 3 hours a day, thus she did 'quiet' housework while others were sleeping) and she didn't iron his clothes.

No way could I do it- she had tossed her iron away when Perm Press clothes came out.

He is my ex because I had had enough of his physical, verbal abuse. I still have an iron, because I wear mostly cotton clothes and when I go to Church I like to look neat and pressed. New Husband prefers Perm Press and blends. Also, he thinks ironing sheets and pillow cases is a waste of time & electricity.

I think ironing is a dying art. When I was a child, I would iron my doll clothes on my made to size ironing board that my Dad made me, with a small iron that they cut the plug off of and put on a suction cup 'plug'. As I got older and could understand that the iron got HOT, Dad put on a real plug end and I ironed his handkerchiefs, work shirts, our aprons and pillow cases. I did this in the same room that Mom was ironing our dresses and Dad and my brothers' pants. Back in the 60's clothes were cotton, denim and sheets were muslin. We didn't have an electric dryer, so ALL laundry was hung outside. It was much easier to iron when it dried outside.

Did your mom have twin? Did your grandmother have twin? Because the odds are if your maternal grandmother had twins. you will have them. If your mother had twins, you will not. It skips a generations. At least that's what I've been told. Also, it's the mother only that decided if there will be twins. Never the father.

And I hope you would be so lucky to have twins. It's the best thing in the world. Matter of fact, people make fun of me because I still refer to babies in the plural, never singular. It's a Habit.

That isn't necessarily so- on my Dad's side of the family there are twins galore. My fathers brothers and uncles have twins, and his aunts have twins. So far I have researched his uncles family lines- wives, children, grandchildren, and at last count there were 18 sets of twins spanning three generations in just one family. Dad's Uncle Abraham had two wives with a total of 11 children. Of the 8 children who lived to marry and have children, 5 of them had twins. Two were male and three females. So the maternal/paternal doesn't hold with them. Then one of the daughters of the uncle, had two sets of twins. I last had contact with them in 2003, they were 82 years old! Both had given birth to twins, yet only one of each set lived.

My mother had still born twins between my older sister and me. My little sisters daughter had identical twin boys. They just turned 8 this last year.

Also on my Mom's side of the family there are some twins. Not nearly as many as my Dad's side, but a few. I am still gathering genealogical info on her side, as well as on my Dad's.

That isn't necessarily so- on my Dad's side of the family there are twins galore. My fathers brothers and uncles have twins, and his aunts have twins. So far I have researched his uncles family lines- wives, children, grandchildren, and at last count there were 18 sets of twins spanning three generations in just one family. Dad's Uncle Abraham had two wives with a total of 11 children. Of the 8 children who lived to marry and have children, 5 of them had twins. Two were male and three females. So the maternal/paternal doesn't hold with them. Then one of the daughters of the uncle, had two sets of twins. I last had contact with them in 2003, they were 82 years old! Both had given birth to twins, yet only one of each set lived.

My mother had still born twins between my older sister and me. My little sisters daughter had identical twin boys. They just turned 8 this last year.

Also on my Mom's side of the family there are some twins. Not nearly as many as my Dad's side, but a few. I am still gathering genealogical info on her side, as well as on my Dad's.

Well, la-di-da! Hope you had fun proving me wrong :D

I only said it's what I've been told. I'm sure it may be the rule, but the norm may be different. We had twins because of IVF. We lied to everyone and told them it runs in our family because we hated explaining something that was nobody's business in the first place so why in the world do they pry? It was even worse when they (total strangers) demanded to know how our twins got their red hair. Like they would understand if I told them. :mad: Man, I HATE people most of the time.

Don't worry, slamjet, you're both right because you're talking about different things.

Dizygotic (fraternal) twins are an occurrence entirely related to the mother. This actually makes a lot of sense, since there's very little--in fact, nothing--a man's genetics can do to cause a woman to release two ova during a cycle.

Monozygotic (identical) twins are an entirely different story. And we really don't have any idea what causes these twin pairs. So it is conceivable that something in the man's DNA is being perpetuated in the sperm that predisposes the ovum to splitting.

So, if the twins Iggy is seeing are identical twin pairs, then there is plausibility that it is running on the man's side of the family. If they are fraternal twins, however, she'll have to recognize that it's solely to woman's side acting.

i've had all the same issues as the folks talking about twins (2 potty training, strangers asking questions about them that is none of their business, etc) except i've never had twins. my kids were just so close together ppl thought they were twins.

i can also say i've taken 5 little ones to sams to do a month's worth of shopping by myself. however, i don't do it if i can help it. lol

It was even worse when they (total strangers) demanded to know how our twins got their red hair. Like they would understand if I told them. :mad: Man, I HATE people most of the time.

See, that's when I would start making things up. "Well, she drank alot of Big Red and ate lots of spaghetti. We think all that dye and tomato sauce had something to do with it."

It was even worse when they (total strangers) demanded to know how our twins got their red hair.

See, me being me would respond with something like: pheomelanin.

P.S. Of course me being a redhead I imagine most people wouldn't ask the question.

Edited by Dravin

My dad's side of the family had numerous sets of twins. Even my aunt (dad's sister) had twins.