Worthless women?

Wingnut

That's not what promotes co-dependency. The idea that I can only feel good about myself based on what a man thinks of me is what promotes co-depency.

Oh, okay. Thank you for the clarification. I would agree that ultimately self worth should come from a knowledge of who you are--from Heavenly Father and from within.

What i see him saying is that we can help each other to foster that self worth within ourselves. Much like Johnny Lingo did with Mahana or like this article says.

I think the issue at heart is a combination of what was discussed in the article and what's been discussed in this thread. Men have things they need to work on, and so do women. It's quite unquantifiable but it should be rather easy to see that both of the elements that have been presented here are at play.

I'm just happy that I've never had the issues talked about in the article. I see other guys having these problems everywhere. It's a massive epidemic.

Edit @ Wingnut - Check your inbox. ;)

I haven't yet read it, but the same blogger posted this today: Worthless men and the women who make them

Oooh, it mentions one of my pet peeves:

A woman can hit a man. She can physically assault him. She can push him. She can slap him. If he doesn't take it "like a man", he's called a... woman. A girl. A sissy. How ironic. Yet, the moment a man so much as lays a finger on a female, he's labeled as abusive.

Of course my peeve extends to anyone who hits me because they know they can hide behind culture as a protection to retaliation (not justifying an eye for an eye attitude mind you). Okay, I better stop before I get on a roll.

Edited by Dravin

I haven't yet read it, but the same blogger posted this today: Worthless men and the women who make them

The more I read the more I like Dan Pearce :)

Basically people we just need to be kind to one another. Women? Men? Children? Teenagers? People!!!! We need to be building up each other not tearing each other down. We are children of Heavenly Father after all.

I'm sitting here thinking of all the conference talks over the last several years which were about all that has been discussed here. How many times do we need to be told? I'm glad that Dan Pearce has the courage to discuss these issues in a public place. Those who don't listen to conference need the message too. :)

*sigh*

Women should have the self-esteem knowing they are daughters of the Most High, I don't think any of us on here dispute that.

Please excuse me as I explain, again, to my amazonian daughter why we don't have 'women's magazines' in the house.

• 4 months later...

i agree with the message of this article. I feel that the writer is just making aware some of the affects that come with some traits that men have when it comes to viewing women. I feel he is acknowledging the fact that guys tend to hold the beauty of women unfairly and unrealistically and their view of beauty is really distorted. and i know a lot of women who have a low self esteem because they notice small little things guys do for example looking at the tabloids or commenting on an actress that really affects the women that they're with in a negative way. And i also feel that some women that feel worthless want to feel confident and happy but is extremely hard for them when they see it within themselves but the outside world doesn't acknowledge it for reasons she may not control so its like what do you do. I feel that some girls can never be on the cover of a magazine just because they don't have the " right features" like the long legs, the tan skin, the tan, small waist but they are beautiful just the way that God had created them and no one seems to acknowledge it. So i feel that this article is a step in the right direction when it comes to regaining a sense of what beauty is and i hope and pray that true beauty is rediscovered for what it truly is and that men can appreciate it.

Reading this made me pretty emotional. I almost married a guy with wandering eyes. Thank goodness I didn't, because I still feel the effect of 3+ years of that. My husband carefully guards himself, and me. I think he gets an extra kiss when he gets home.