Of course I miss cuddles.

Lost_one

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When my oldest brother was starting high school, my parents bought him a soccer-ball shaped alarm clock for Christmas. To hide the gifts from the kids, they took it over to a friend's house and left it there to be picked up later. The following evening, for some reason, the alarm went off and this poor couple went searching for the source of the sound. While rummaging, they knocked the bag that had the clock in it off the pile. It hit the floor with a thud..........and then there was silence. This couple spent the next 24 hours worried that they had broken my brother's Christmas present. Until the alarm went off again. They picked it up, glad that it still worked, but frustrated that they could find no way to turn it off. Then, the husband had a brilliant idea. He dropped the clock on the floor. Silence.

Turns out the clock was designed that the only way to turn it off was by applying enough force either by dropping, hitting, or kicking it. What an appropriate mechanism for an alarm clock!

I've actually thought about this notion quite a bit. I think that generally (there are always exceptions) men are actually more romantic at heart and women more pragmatic. I've noticed that men tend to be the ones who claim they were in love from the moment they met, and who fall head-over-heals for someone they maybe have only seen once. Women, on the other hand, take some "convincing" and usually only grow to love a man who has "proven himself".

My understanding is that while men fall in love quicker, women fall in love deeper. I hope that made sense. I agree. A man seems to have to "prove himself" then she falls hard.

Of course, as with everything, there is always the exception to the rule.

My understanding is that while men fall in love quicker, women fall in love deeper. I hope that made sense. I agree. A man seems to have to "prove himself" then she falls hard.

Of course, as with everything, there is always the exception to the rule.

Aww I go away for a night and most of the fun dies down. As a response to the Canadians made by Dravin....I suggested using our teeth lol, dwell on that for a minute :)

I do feel ready. Kinda. Sort of. Maybe. I think maybe I'm just worried that I can't do relationships.

Being a lil gun shy after a divorce, or even after any failed relationship is pretty common, you get a choice, stay down in the dirt of get back on the horse, only you can make it and decide when to do it. My only worry is the chance you might miss a great opportunity because of fear, and then really regret it. Living safe is nice and easy, but what we miss by not taking the risks can be huge.

Being a lil gun shy after a divorce, or even after any failed relationship is pretty common, you get a choice, stay down in the dirt of get back on the horse, only you can make it and decide when to do it. My only worry is the chance you might miss a great opportunity because of fear, and then really regret it. Living safe is nice and easy, but what we miss by not taking the risks can be huge.

I know what you mean. I think I really do like this girl and maybe thats my problem. I'm scared of messing it up, But your right. If I don't at least give it a shot, I could regret it later. I rarely regret taking a chance, so the fear has to go.

Lost_one,

I am sorry for your circumstance but please understand that I cannot do anything about it. There is one overriding thing about your posts in this thread - please forgive me for saying this. But, you need to get out man. You need to get out of your shell and away from the internet and people that you hardly know (and likely never see) and deal with people you can see.

You don’t have to be dating but you should be doing things that will help build your social skills for when you do date again.

The Traveler

Lost_one,

I am sorry for your circumstance but please understand that I cannot do anything about it. There is one overriding thing about your posts in this thread - please forgive me for saying this. But, you need to get out man. You need to get out of your shell and away from the internet and people that you hardly know (and likely never see) and deal with people you can see.

You don’t have to be dating but you should be doing things that will help build your social skills for when you do date again.

The Traveler

I already know I lack social skills and need to get out of my shell. I just joined the gym and will be going back to church after conference.

I already know I lack social skills and need to get out of my shell. I just joined the gym and will be going back to church after conference.

It is what it is, you advance over time. I'm pretty much in the same boat. Moved to a new city and I know pretty much one person. I'm not very social and i'm very much a stay in my comfort zone person. It helps if you have people who will give you a bit of a swift kick and if you find motivation to kinda take little step on your own. I hope your gym is more social than mine cause if i don't go with my friend it's a very quiet and solitary experience lol, church should help though. I've been at it 6 months and have taken very few big steps, but a few lil ones here and there, drives my friend batty i'm moving so slow, but i like my shell and not ready to give it up just yet :)

It is what it is, you advance over time. I'm pretty much in the same boat. Moved to a new city and I know pretty much one person. I'm not very social and i'm very much a stay in my comfort zone person. It helps if you have people who will give you a bit of a swift kick and if you find motivation to kinda take little step on your own. I hope your gym is more social than mine cause if i don't go with my friend it's a very quiet and solitary experience lol, church should help though. I've been at it 6 months and have taken very few big steps, but a few lil ones here and there, drives my friend batty i'm moving so slow, but i like my shell and not ready to give it up just yet :)

The gym is quite small and most folks there are down to earth. Even the muscle boys are ok. My ward is also very easy going and took alot of time with my ex and I when we were there last time. I will be going on my own this time, But don't mind, as dispite my lack of social skills I feel very comfortable around them.

It's also nice to know that there are other people out there with similar shell issues. I made leaps out of my comfort zone the last time. This time I don't have to worry about someone being jealous of everyone I try to chat with, so that should help alot.

Edited by Lost_one