2. Fright Night

3. Green Lantern

4. Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol

5. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

6. Red Riding Hood

7. Rise of the Apes

8. Scream 4

9. The Roommate

10. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn (Part One)

11. Thor

12. Transformers: Dark Of The Moon

13. X-Men: First Class

Edited by pam

Most anticipated according to Who?

Because, if I was writing that list, not only Harry Potter would be there, Cars 2 would be there too!

And on a sidenote... Breaking Dawn Part One??? REALLY? There's a Part Two? And what's it gonna contain... because, I don't think you can get any sappier...

Most anticipated according to Who?

Because, if I was writing that list, not only Harry Potter would be there, Cars 2 would be there too!

I and my husband loved Cars, and our daughter loves it too, but I gotta say, Cars 2 looks pretty awful based on the trailer I watched on the Tangled DVD.

And on a sidenote... Breaking Dawn Part One??? REALLY? There's a Part Two? And what's it gonna contain... because, I don't think you can get any sappier...

Groan. I hadn't even noticed that was a part one. Ugh.

I and my husband loved Cars, and our daughter loves it too, but I gotta say, Cars 2 looks pretty awful based on the trailer I watched on the Tangled DVD.

Whatcha talking about! It was awesome!

I saw the "Regal Cinema First Look" clip on Cars 2 at the theater. It's awesome. Mater is hilarious. My kids and I have it down on our First-Full-Show list. That is - we're going to watch the very first show - it'll probably get a midnight showing.

Isn't Cowboys and Aliens coming out in 2011? Coz, that's my husband's most anticipated movie...

• 3 weeks later...

It's May and we have started the summer movie season. It kicks off this weekend with Thor. It's always interesting to see which film will end up on of the big hit for the summer and which films will disappoint and which will bomb.

Some major movies coming out this summer include -

Thor - out now. I saw it last night at midnight. I'm not a big fan of these Marvel superhero films but this one was above average. It was nicely done but nothing special. There's no sex or foul language (I don't remember any foul language) so it's safe for young kids.

May 20 - Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. Has Blackbeard in it.

June 3 - X-Men: First Class

June 17- The Green Lantern

June 24 - Cars 2. I enjoyed Cars 1 and hope this will be halfway decent. Pixar film.

July 1 - Transformers - Dark Side of the Moon.

July 15 - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2. I imagine this will be the big hit of the summer. Final Potter film.

July 22 - Captain America: The First Avenger

July 29 - Cowboys and Aliens. This has Harrison Ford and Daniel Craig. The name sounds dumb and the idea sounds dumb but they might pull it off. I do want to see it.

July 29 - Smurfs.

August 5 - Rise of the Planet of the Apes. This looks half way decent.

August 19 - Conan the Barbarian. This Conan looks nothing like Arnold Schwarzenegger.

August 19 - Fright Night. This is a remake of the original. The original is good.

I'm sure I've missed some films. Some of these films are 3D. I've seen about three or four 3D films now. Thor did not look any good in 3D. I thought there was an excess of blurry scenes.

Nothing seems original. That list is just sequels or remakes or movies taken from comic books.

Where's the originality these days?

Nothing seems original. That list is just sequels or remakes or movies taken from comic books.

Where's the originality these days?

I'm afraid we've hit peak originality so film makers are conserving as much as possible while a renewable source is found.

I'm afraid we've hit peak originality so film makers are conserving as much as possible while a renewable source is found.

I've always felt they should start drilling in Alaska. :P

I will admit that I do want to see the new Pirates movie. I mean it has Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow. How could I resist that?

I will admit that I do want to see the new Pirates movie. I mean it has Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow. How could I resist that?

If you had to choose between seeing that or seeing a new movie staring Shemar Moore?

If you had to choose between seeing that or seeing a new movie staring Shemar Moore?

Okay let me put it this way. I would pay the $8 to go see Shemar Moore and wait for Pirates to come to RedBox. :P

Movies are $8??? When did that roll-back happen?

It's called the I don't live on the coast roll-back. :P And as Pam points out matinée showings can save a bundle, in some theaters more than others.

You can go even cheaper if you are willing to go to a 'dollar' theater, I remember going to Boise and it costing $3 to get in but they gave you $3 of concessions (so basically the movie was free but you had to buy at least $3 of concessions). The downside of course being you don't get to see the movie when it first comes out and the theaters tend to be a smaller and older.

Hey, how come you didn't mention The Hangover:Part II? ;) The first one was really funny and not only was it a comedy but it was a mystery/comedy combined. I'm sure it fails because of its R rating. I will go see it just because I really enjoyed the first one and I'm hoping this one is just as good.

M.

I actually really hate the Thor comics and the movie...maybe it's just because I'm a mythology junkie and find it kind of offensive...my fiance is Norse Pagan and we get kinda touchy about movies like this. :P I'm looking forward to Atlas Shrugged myself. Anyone read the book? I loved it as a kid.

I just saw Thor. IT WAS FREAKING AWESOME!!!!

Watching it again tomorrow. In 3D this time!

Yes, it was good. The more I think about it I would not mind seeing it again. It's not great and not a blockbuster summer movie in my eyes. The story, although it works, is a little too simple. But it's well done for what it is. Anthony Hopkins does a good job.