I have a crush on a young women but I am at the age to prepare for mission

could I fall in love? It hurts to me that I could not share my affection for her and watch others do it and let her know what they feel and I am on the sidelines, could not share my feelings for it is not yet time...what could you say? hehe ^^

Ah, young love and the quandries it presents. :) Do not worry. You are not alone in your struggle. This is a fairly common complaint.

The thing is, you are now at the point in your life where the direction you now go is entirely up to you. The choices you make in the next five years or so will shape the rest of your life. You could let your hormones guide the way and pursue a relationship with this girl that may or may not work out, or you could listen to the counsel of the prophets and pursue your mission. Of course, there are other possible choices, but let's go with just these two for example's sake.

If you pursue a relationship with this girl, yes falling in love could very well be a possible outcome. Will that love be a help or a hinderance as you pursue other goals? That depends. We are told to avoid serious dating before going on a mission because this presents some obvious problems- the young man may decide he does not want to serve a mission after all, or the young man may serve a mission and not be able to focus on the gospel message he is supposed to be sharing.

Let's say you do "fall in love" before your mission and decide to go anyway. Will this girl wait for you? Some do, but chances are she will find love elsewhere while you are gone. How will this affect your mission?

Any commitment between the two of you requires a choice on her part as well. What if you love her and she does not love you back?

Choices, choices, choices. So many "what if"'s "maybe"'s and what "could be"'s. The best way to make these serious decisions is to figure out what direction you want your life to take and what is most important to you. If the gospel is something central in your life, the you should follow the counsel of the prophets.

Guest tbaird22

I have the same EXACT problem dude. sucks majorly but all i did was tell her that if she was still available when i finished my mission i would love to date. no guarantees though.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't worry about her, she will have PLENTY of company while you are gone.

If you love her, let her go, if she loves you she will come back.

Here is a good way to say good bye:

Honey, if you wait for me then cool, but if not, that's cool to. Kiss.

You sealed the deal.