Mission Call! :D

apexviper13

WOOO. I LOVE portland! I used to live there& I'm going back there in April :)

It's SUCH a pretty area:)

If you end up going to Riverside Ward in Milwaukie look for the guy with the German/Swiss accent :) He's kinda obnoxious. He&my grandma feed the missionaries a lot. If you go there you really can't miss him....Thats my grandpa :)

Well, I'm an hour north of Portland (not in the mission boundaries though, I'm in the Kennewick Mission). Portland and the surrounding area is *gorgeous*. Lots of greenery, beautiful fall colors. Portland and it's suburbs are the main metro area, and then you have large open spaces between good-sized towns, and small-population towns.

Expect lots of rain in the Fall, Winter, and Spring, with occasional snow (usually only an inch or two once or twice during the Fall/Winter season, but everything shuts down when it falls!) Summers can be *gorgeous* when it's sunny. Rarely gets above the 80's (but when it does, it's miserable, because hardly anyone has A/C's!)

And of course, our Temple is awesome. :D

Posted Image

Well, I'm an hour north of Portland (not in the mission boundaries though, I'm in the Kennewick Mission). Portland and the surrounding area is *gorgeous*. Lots of greenery, beautiful fall colors. Portland and it's suburbs are the main metro area, and then you have large open spaces between good-sized towns, and small-population towns.

Expect lots of rain in the Fall, Winter, and Spring, with occasional snow (usually only an inch or two once or twice during the Fall/Winter season, but everything shuts down when it falls!) Summers can be *gorgeous* when it's sunny. Rarely gets above the 80's (but when it does, it's miserable, because hardly anyone has A/C's!)

And of course, our Temple is awesome. :D

Posted Image

Yea, the Portland temple is the background on our computer. :D I've heard lots of positive things about the beauty of Portland and I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Yea, the Portland temple is the background on our computer. :D I've heard lots of positive things about the beauty of Portland and I'm looking forward to seeing it.

ya its a pretty place.. altho if youre used to Utah towns and street layout, all the one lane streets are going to be real fun for you :P.

Has one of my favorit bookstores too.