Christian Beliefs

JoshuaFKon

Joshua, I have a question.

What do protestant Christians believe about the gathering of Israel and the promises to the seed of Abraham?

I wouldn't mind a Catholic view as well.

(And just an aside......Jesus certainly didn't have any trouble sitting down with people from different groups, even the lepers. )

I'm confused (what's new,LOL) CJchick84 started posting on this thread and the last post was Nov. 2006 Are we resurrecting this thread, LOL!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, :)

As I christian, I would be happy to answer any questions you have about christian beliefs.

Josh B)

Not to start an argument or anything but the thing is that not all Christians think or beleive the same things...hence why there are so many denominations... I consider my self a Christian because I have accepted Christ as my Savior but am in some views not considered a Christian because I'm Catholic. Same as Mormons who I beleive are Christian just like me...just happen to worship differently. Most other denominations from what I have noticed have one major difference than what I was raised to beleive is the subject of the Virgin Mary...actually that would be a good topic of discussion is how come there is not a lot of focus on her. She did give birth to the Son of God...but yet doesn't seem to "get a lot of credit" I guess you could say from other faiths.

No problem -- that's cool.;)

I just didn't understand my friend Misshalfway's reply -- just teasing her!:P

Welcome to the forums!:D

LOL! Go right ahead and tease me. I am such a space case!!! Getting over the flu and I feel awful. I really shouldn't post!

But I am glad there is some comedic value for someone!! hahahaha

Ahhh, I'm sorry you're sick! I wondered why I hadn't seen you around much that last couple days. Get well soon!!!

That's a very good question about the Virgin Mary. Personally, I'm very thankful for Mary, the mother of our Savior!! I'm grateful that she was worthy and I'm grateful for her sacrifice to bring this about! I just don't understand praying to her. I've read why from Catholics and I respect your view on the matter......:)

I hope others can answer your question better than I.:)

There are many differences the way people worship-this comes from their different understanding of the message received to them and translated into their respective doctrines and teachings.

Doctrines and teachings are reflected in the way people worship.

Catholic, Orthodox, Episcopal, Lutheran and many other faith traditions baptize infants. This is because of the doctrine of "original sin" that we have -according to our faith tradition's understanding-that we have inherited from Adam.

The Pope has recently tried to clarify the understanding of what happens to an unbaptized infant/child. My grand daughter who is 3 is unbaptized-through no fault of her own-as her parents attend no church-Catholic or otherwise. I place such a person in the hands of a loving God.

Here is the official Church Understanding:

CNS STORY: Vatican commission: Limbo reflects 'restrictive view of salvation'

-Carol

The difference between all denominations is the way they choose to worship...plain and simple. Also Catholics baptize their infants so that if they die before they are out of infancy their souls do not go to pergitory.

• 11 months later...

Hello JoshuaK, Yes I have a question..actually 6 of them....

1) How come Christians don't have any Temples? Christ worshipped in a Temple, He went there to teach often and he even refers to the Temple as a house of God....And you can read about Temples all through the Bible....so, why don't Christians have Temples?

2) If Christians believe the Bible to be the word of God, literally...then where are your Prophets...God always had prophets to lead and guide his people....why don't Christians have a Prophet?

3) Which one of the Christian churches should I go to to learn about Christ and His Gospel...there are so many? I have looked into some and they all teach something that I think is right but then they all have alot of differences...which one is the right Christian church...the one Jesus himself set up?

4) What's the difference between a Christian and a Baptist? Or a Lutheran? Or Pentacostal? Presbyterian? Methodist? Calvinist? Evangelical?

5) If a person never hears the word of God...(I'm taking those who have been sheltered away from the Bible or denied the Bible such as in China), or never knows of or is taught of Christ....what happens to that person when he dies? Does he go to hell? Don't the Christian believe you have to be Baptised or you go to hell?

6) And finally...what does "Saved" mean? I hear Christians say that all the time...even mass murderers on death row...does that me their sins are forgiven and they get to go to heaven with say an honest hardworking man who gave all he could to his fellow man?...do they reap the same reword?....cause if that's the case then I will go out and sin as much as I can (cause less face it, it's fun) and near the end of my life somewhere I'll get "Saved"!

Please answer these questions to the best of your ability....I will be waiting for your reply....oh and please don't answer any of these questions with a question...your direct Christian answer will suffice...thanks!

Brother Dorsey,

I would say that if one of those questions came from the heart to actually learn about God they would be worth answering, but, I really dont see any searching in them. They are simply attempts to show what an amazing intellect you were blessed with.

It appears rather, that you are trying to put God in his place. Perhaps one should ask you how you can believe some of the things your faith askes you to believe in. Is it really that important to you to find out about the word temple? I mean really is it? I am truly amazed as some of these questions. Think about some of the things you believe. Yeikes.

• 3 years later...