Christian Beliefs

JoshuaFKon

I also enjoy the LDStalk community, there is a diverse goup of posters here, I enjoy the friendliness of the light-hearted threads and some of the more intense threads are quite intriguing.

M.

Maureen, as a Lutheran (a denomination that has strikingly dissimilar core beliefs than Mormon beliefs) are you familiar with 2 Corinthians 6:14-18? If you are, can you please explain your harmonious involvement in a Mormon forum for well over three years now in light of the principles taught in 2 Cor 6:14-18?

thanks,

blazius

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maureen, as a Lutheran (a denomination that has strikingly dissimilar core beliefs than Mormon beliefs) are you familiar with 2 Corinthians 6:14-18? If you are, can you please explain your harmonious involvement in a Mormon forum for well over three years now in light of the principles taught in 2 Cor 6:14-18?

You're hilarious blazius! I don’t see my affiliation with LDStalk as collaborating with the enemy (Satan). In fact I see my friendship with anyone of anyone religion as a friendship, with common interests and beliefs and concerns. You’re treading on dangerous ground by posing as a sincere “seeker” when in fact it looks like you really want to start a commotion.

M.

Blazius, just why are you here on LDS Talk?

From your intro post:

hello everyone! My name is blazius and I found this forum in an inadvertant way searching the internet. It looks fun here so I thought I'd join.

I'm not LDS, or anything really. I'm kind of searching right now, but since I live in Salt Lake City I find the Mormon influence kind of appealing, especially the emphasis on family.

I would like to get involved with some of the discussions here maybe just to solidify what direction I need to go. I hope its all okay.

you state that you are kind of searching - yet from the gist of your posts you are pretty much attacking.

From the post: Christian Beliefs, ask me a question ... post #20

I asked you:

<<snip>> Blazius - could you please state how you are a christian, what attributes you have that make you a christian? Thank you.

You have not answered that - will you please do so now.

you state that you are kind of searching - yet from the gist of your posts you are pretty much attacking.

You see, this is why I have a hard time understanding Mormons and desiring their church. Every time they are questioned, whether it be questioned in deep interest or in skepticism, the Mormon always reverts to the “martyr mode.”

I cannot even count how many times a Mormon has cried, “You’re attacking me!” just because I’m asking some heavy questions!!

Dr. T said to me in a private message, “you need to turn off the attack mode for a minute or you will be shut out before you get a chance to get whatever it is you are searching for from those that frequent this site.”

I’d like to ask you as I asked him, where am I attacking? Please show me one, single, solitary place I have attacked anyone!!! Come on, show me!

Is there anyone mature and civil enough to have a decent and heavy conversation with me without pointing a judgmental and defensive finger? It seems as though Maureen, Dr T, and MrsS cannot do it without crying that I'm attacking them!

thank you,

blazius

Wow, you don't listen or take heed do you?

I predict that you are under the age of 27, you are male and you are not here to really learn. You enjoy baiting people and LDS are more often than not too polite to tell you to go pick another sandbox to play in.

You are not here to dialogue, to discuss or to learn. You are here Broadcasting. Big, big difference.

Change your tactics, change your tune - do like I suggested in another post to you and read ALL of the topics and posts on this forum, search the forum using BEFORE you start a topic to insure that it hasn't already been brought up, disussed and digested to the nth degree already.

Since there are three members who have told you to shape up and only ONE of them is LDS - perhaps you really should take heed and change your naughty ways.

Since there are three members who have told you to shape up and only ONE of them is LDS - perhaps you really should take heed and change your naughty ways.

Again, I challenge all three of you, show me one place where I have attacked anyone in any manner whatsoever.

If you cannot provide that place then STOP ATTACKING ME. If I have inadvertently attacked anyone, then I will humbly ask for forgiveness.

blazius

Blazius, Maybe asking Maureen what she was doing here be friendly with Mormons for three years (citing a Scripture passage that was intended to 'correct' her) would qualify as an attack against her, and by inference, all LDS. Maybe just maybe.

Also, why would you say you were impressed by Mormon influence in Salt Lake City, and was sincerely seeking, and then turn around and encourage someone to stop playing nice here?

Blazius, Maybe asking Maureen what she was doing here be friendly with Mormons for three years (citing a Scripture passage that was intended to 'correct' her) would qualify as an attack against her, and by inference, all LDS. Maybe just maybe.

Also, why would you say you were impressed by Mormon influence in Salt Lake City, and was sincerely seeking, and then turn around and encourage someone to stop playing nice here?

was wondering that myself.....and namecalling

You’re treading on dangerous ground by posing as a sincere “seeker” when in fact it looks like you really want to start a commotion.

I agree; he also refuses to answer Maureen's questions, choosing instead to try and start trouble. He's starting to look like a troll here... :hmmm:

Well, Blazius? Do you consider yourself a Christian? And why or why not?

It seems as though Maureen, Dr T, and MrsS cannot do it without crying that I'm attacking them!

Now you're just lying blazius, because I didn't say you were attacking me. I'm just suspicious of your motives for asking questions, with no consideration to even answer questions sincerely asked of you. You say you're seeking a religion, but come here and in your not so subtle way ask me if I think I'm really associating with the enemy. Here's another question that you're too scared to answer - why do you think Mormons are in league with Satan?

M.

Here's another question that you're too scared to answer - why do you think Mormons are in league with Satan?

M.

Maureen, Maureen, Maureen—I never stated or implied any such thing! You had stated that you have involved yourself in this Mormon forum because you enjoy this community and the friendliness of the people here and all I did was respond to this statement by quoting a verse from the bible.

I never stated anything about the “enemy,” or “Satan;” these are words from you and others—not mine.

Listen: the ONLY thing I asked you, Maureen, was to explain your involvement with these Mormons in light of 2 Corinthians 6:14-18! All I wanted to know is what your thoughts were about that passage of scripture and your activity here!

Now, you stated that you have common beliefs with these Mormons, how can that be since you are a Lutheran under the principles of 2 Cor 6:14-18?

This question is neither an attack on you nor an attempt at starting a commotion. If you read my previous posts I was very polite and asked in a calm and non-confrontational manner.

thanks,

blazius

<div class='quotemain'>

You’re treading on dangerous ground by posing as a sincere “seeker” when in fact it looks like you really want to start a commotion.

I agree; he also refuses to answer Maureen's questions, choosing instead to try and start trouble. He's starting to look like a troll here... :hmmm:

still no answer..........

<div class='quotemain'>

Here's another question that you're too scared to answer - why do you think Mormons are in league with Satan?

Maureen, Maureen, Maureen—I never stated or implied any such thing!

Oh yes you did, you loudly implied it...

...If you are, can you please explain your harmonious involvement in a Mormon forum for well over three years now in light of the principles taught in 2 Cor 6:14-18?

Do not become partners with those who do not believe, for what partnership is there between righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship does light have with darkness? And what agreement does Christ have with Beliar? Or what does a believer share in common with an unbeliever? And what mutual agreement does the temple of God have with idols? For we are the temple of the living God, just as God said, “I will live in them and will walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people.” Therefore “come out from their midst, and be separate,” says the Lord, “and touch no unclean thing, and I will welcome you, and I will be a father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters,” says the All-Powerful Lord. (2 Cor 6:14-18, NET Bible)

I will admit that there have been some rude posters at this forum from time to time, but IMO blazius, you're insolent; you win hands down.

M.

Maureen, I am not here to debate personalities, I am here to find answers to my many questions about Mormonism. I couldn’t care less if you think I am insolent; your assessment of my character is a side issue and irrelevant to the issue at hand.. There seems to be plenty of other people here who are mature and civil enough to answer my questions without having a personality problem.

If you refuse to address my inquiry into why you think you share common beliefs with the Mormons in this forum in light of 2 Cor 6:14-18, so be it. Adios.

blazius

...There seems to be plenty of other people here who are mature and civil enough to answer my questions without having a personality problem.

Since you think answering questions is such a mature and civil thing to do, why haven't you answered any of our questions?

Blazius - could you please state how you are a christian, what attributes you have that make you a christian? Thank you.

Even though you're seeking for a religion, do you consider yourself a Christian blazius?

Blazius, just why are you here on LDS Talk?...

From the post: Christian Beliefs, ask me a question ... post #20

I asked you:

<<snip>> Blazius - could you please state how you are a christian, what attributes you have that make you a christian? Thank you.

You have not answered that - will you please do so now.

M.

<div class='quotemain'>

Mormons are christians.

Yes, I have heard this a million times, but my question is, what makes you Christian?

You apparently know about the fact that Christians do not consider Mormons as Christian. But I would like to know what makes the Mormon Christian in the LDS Church’s opinion.

Thank you,

blazius

I hate this question so much.

I get told that I am not a christian SO MUCH it makes me mad.

We are christians because we follow the teachings of Jesus Christ, and believe that he was the Son of God!

Here is the Websters Dictionary definition of the term Christain:

1: Of Jesus Christ, or His teachings.

2: Of, or adhering to the religion based on the teachings of Jesus Christ.

3: Of Christians.

4: An adherent to Christianity.

The whole of the LDS religion revolves around the teachings of Jesus Christ. Thus making them Christains. And who is anyone to say otherwise?

L.H.

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

still no answer..........

Looks like he "can't handle some honest questions"... B)

• 1 year later...

Joshua, I have a question.

What do protestant Christians believe about the gathering of Israel and the promises to the seed of Abraham?

I wouldn't mind a Catholic view as well.

(And just an aside......Jesus certainly didn't have any trouble sitting down with people from different groups, even the lepers. )