Favorite and Least Favorite Doctrines

prisonchaplain

You know, the thing about not drinking tea/coffee wasn't a big deal to me, because I don't like how either of them taste (alcohol either), but my honey has a hard time understanding it. I can't explain WHY tea isn't good for us to drink, but I have thought that perhaps it is more of an obedience thing. Maybe HF just wants to see if we will follow his directions. I could be totally wrong, but that is the only argument I have for my boyfriend that he seems to be okay with.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The worst sinner, besides Canadians, is Satan. Is he redeemable?

Touche...in fact, I'm not even so sure about the second worst sinner (for non-Seattleites, that would be Boris S. Wart, from the J.P. Patches show: http://www.historylink.org/db_images/wort.JPG).

Nevertheless, even Canadians can be redeemed...and that's pretty impressive.

Edited by prisonchaplain

When I visited the LDS temple in Langley BC, the inscription on the building said something to the effect of "Welcome to the House of the Lord." I assumed that if this was the house of the Lord, that entering into it to engage in spiritual activity would surely bring blessings.

And you are right!!! Thank you for being a non-member who recognizes and appreciates that!!! ;)

You know, the thing about not drinking tea/coffee wasn't a big deal to me, because I don't like how either of them taste (alcohol either), but my honey has a hard time understanding it. I can't explain WHY tea isn't good for us to drink, but I have thought that perhaps it is more of an obedience thing. Maybe HF just wants to see if we will follow his directions. I could be totally wrong, but that is the only argument I have for my boyfriend that he seems to be okay with.

Thats pretty much it. They really arent healthy but the big thing is that its something we can do to prove obedience to our Heavenly Father.

I can't explain WHY tea isn't good for us to drink, but I have thought that perhaps it is more of an obedience thing.

Rabbi Daniel Lapin was once asked why Jews don't eat shrimp. The questioner offered that maybe it's because the little guys are high in cholesterol. Lapin answer, "The reason we don't eat shrimp is because God said no."

So...you are spot on.

When I visited the LDS temple in Langley BC, the inscription on the building said something to the effect of "Welcome to the House of the Lord." I assumed that if this was the house of the Lord, that entering into it to engage in spiritual activity would surely bring blessings.

In regards to your insight to the temple we believe that this is a sacred place where we walk with and in the footsteps of our L-rd Jesus Christ. We believe he often quietly walks through his house. In response to the very sacred nature of the temple and our covenant walk – we believe this fulfills in a very interesting manner the scripture “How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy G-d reigneth!”.

The Traveler

Rabbi Daniel Lapin was once asked why Jews don't eat shrimp. The questioner offered that maybe it's because the little guys are high in cholesterol. Lapin answer, "The reason we don't eat shrimp is because God said no."

Nice!

I'm a big fan of Rabbi Lapin and loved listening to him on the radio. I had a chance to meet him once in person. He's a great man.