Mission paper preview?

lizzy16

Why would the application forms be different for the sexes in any meaningful way? I suppose with online applications they can tailor it to the applicants sex but it seems to me it'd just be simpler to have one form even if that means a few boxes that go unfilled because they only apply to one sex.

Edit: Or are we talking about the call letter? Or the mission information packet? I confess I don't know specifically what you mean by 'mission papers'.

Edited by Dravin

Why would the application forms be different for the sexes in any meaningful way? I suppose with online applications they can tailor it to the applicants sex but it seems to me it'd just be simpler to have one form even if that means a few boxes that go unfilled because they only apply to one sex.

Edit: Or are we talking about the call letter? Or the mission information packet? I confess I don't know specifically what you mean by 'mission papers'.

The only difference I can think of are the medical portions of the papers. A woman's exam is going to be different than the man's medical exam.

The only difference I can think of are the medical portions of the papers. A woman's exam is going to be different than the man's medical exam.

I suppose it depends on how generic they are. I didn't pay very close attention to the form I brought the doctor but it wasn't particularly specific and seemed to just have a list of things to check and places to note concerns. Nothing prevents a single form (you can simply have, if female check X, if male check Y list on the same form), but I honestly don't remember.

Edited by Dravin

I suppose it depends on how generic they are. I didn't pay very close attention to the form I brought the doctor but it wasn't particularly specific and seemed to just have a list of things to check and places to note concerns. Nothing prevents a single form (you can simply have, if female check X, if male check Y list on the same form), but I honestly don't remember.

I remember mine being very extensive at least the medical part. A trip to the ob/gyn, regular doctor, dentist... When I completed my health exams I figured I was the healthiest person in my community. I can tell you that it was extensive because I still remember it after 20+ years. :eek:

and a spot on why you feel you want to go on a mission.

Yeah, I was hoping for some far off exotic land, but they sent me to the neighboring mission. Seriously at one point I was only about 352 miles from Mom and Dad. So close and yet so far away. It really was a bit of a distraction, but the Lord had his reasons for sending me there.

I've always enjoyed your posts and will miss you for the next 18-ish months. Good luck and have lots of adventures :)

hahaha, I won't turn 21 for another 5 years. I'll have graduated college and had 1 year before I can put my papers in. But, if I'm no where close to being married I'd love to go on a mission!

But, thank you for the compliment.

I just put papers in last month (and got a call this month!). I would go to say they are the same even in the medical portion. It just indicates where females should fill out and males shouldn't and vice versa. Everything is to be completed online, even your medical stuff which you print off and have the doctor sign which you then turn into the bishop and then the Stake Secretary puts them back on line...

The papers are pretty simple. It's like filling out a college application minus the transcript (except for foreign languages, where they ask you what grade you received in those courses!). It reminded me of the CES application.