Salt Lake ranked #1 ?!?!

RMGuy

So --- some of her actions were rejected-- at least by me. But not any that I recall having to do with her gender. I wish her well, where ever she is now. We all have our mountains to climb. God bless us, everyone! Gramajane

It's a misconception that gay males want to be female and gay females want to be male. Yes, their mannerism may mimic the opposite gender but gay men like being men and gay women like being women. At least, that's what I've commonly heard from said groups. Not sure if that's what you meant.

The clothing she wore (back when we were not allowed to wear pants to school) was the least feminine possible, in color, and style, and cut, and pattern of fabric, same with her shoes and as I said before, her hair style. (in high school, I remember her wearing a wig that was more feminine)

but that is all beside the point. I suppose my point is, that I do not think she was rejected by the LDS.

I have a hard time to believe there are "gay" children.

I honestly don't know one way or the other. But in the last decade or so, the notion has taken hold and is pretty widely accepted these days. Our church no longer rejects the idea out of hand like it once did.

At the end of the day, there are a ton of adults out there who identify themselves as gay, who tell very similar stories of just always 'being this way'. They have different but similar stories from their childhoods supporting the claim.

*shrug* I dunno. But I can't really reject the idea either.

I do not know (as I haven't been on here much) if this reply will end up where I would like it to, as I received in my email a comment, but can't find it now, in this topic.

It was about that supposedly being able to produce children was not any requirement for marriage--

which point I beg to differ with.

I understand that historically, if one knew one couldn't have children, and didn't let the intended know that before marriage, it was grounds for divorce.

Also, even in the Bible, when Rachel couldn't have children, she gave her handmaiden to her husband, in plural marriage that she might consider she had brought children that way? Is that right? Though it seems that then she was despised by the handmaiden and it brought sorrow. :(

I think that if the govt. could just get out of the whole marriage issue, and deal with civil unions it would be best. But then there is the issue of taxes to supposedly support a family unit bringing children into the world or adopting.

Maybe it comes down to what is the best upbringing for children? Role models that perpetuate the growth of the nation?

says in the Bible "The man is not without the woman nor the woman without the man in the Lord"?

But then we are back to separation of church and state? Or I should say, not promoting one faith other another, or over no faith?

Also, then what about children born here to illegal immigrants?

There is a lot to this topic, and I haven't had any breakfast nor vitimins yet. I think I'll give it a rest and thing about it some more! (I try to be open minded- but it is hard to even know when we are closed! ;)

San Francisco is #18. I'm sure their algorithm for coming up with this "list" is truly a work of art.

When I heard the story on KSL radio yesterday driving into, of all places, SLC, I had a good chuckle when Amanda stated that the ranking was 'based on non-traditional criteria such as number of lgbt oriented businesses and nude yoga centers per capita'.

"If we were having a more scientific survey, I don't know that we would choose these as indicators," Valerie Larabee, director of the Utah Pride Center in Salt Lake City, told the Salt Lake Tribune.

So, Valerie is politely saying the survey is a spin job. And I agree if the measures are attributes such as nude yoga centers, and the number of semifinalists in the International Mr. Leather Contest.

I don't think it was a spin job so much as making a point.

I read the original article on this. The criteria are weird, they are more social things that others define as "gayness" rather than realistic criteria. They did the study based on these stereotypes to show them their own "gayness". Open eyes and maybe get them to be more accepting and less bigoted. I also noticed on the list of cities were a lot of major southern (no reputation for being gay friendly) or religious cities. So in effect they said "ok what do you think makes a city gay?" Then they surveyed cities that may insist they are not gay and looked at those things. Guess what? You are more "gay" than you thought. Just because you don't talk about it (or hate it) does not mean it's not there. They are bringing things into the light, showing everyone's "gayness".

A small scale example.

My son is in the 5th grade. There is a boy that has decided my son is gay, based on this boy's definition of gay. Things like the ability to have a real conversation and talk to your friends (know things about them), not being interested in football, how you cross your legs when you sit, etc. We all know these are not real ways of determining someone's sexuality or their "gayness". But this kid has a list in his mind and anyone that fits it is gay.

If I were to take this young man and list all the things he does (or all his friends do) that aren't "manly" to show him his own "gayness" to make a point to him that stereotyping is often wrong. Try to open his eyes to maybe be a little less bigoted.

Finding things you have in common with someone is a good way to close divides. There is a gap in society that needs closing, this is one amusing way to do it. Or so I thought. lol

I honestly don't know one way or the other. But in the last decade or so, the notion has taken hold and is pretty widely accepted these days. Our church no longer rejects the idea out of hand like it once did.

At the end of the day, there are a ton of adults out there who identify themselves as gay, who tell very similar stories of just always 'being this way'. They have different but similar stories from their childhoods supporting the claim.

*shrug* I dunno. But I can't really reject the idea either.

Kinda depends on your approach on defining homosexual... If its more along the lines of exhibited behaviors and desires, then sure it can be possible.

If its more along the lines of being genetic or being born that way theres a lot less water supporting it currently.

The clothing she wore (back when we were not allowed to wear pants to school) was the least feminine possible, in color, and style, and cut, and pattern of fabric, same with her shoes and as I said before, her hair style. (in high school, I remember her wearing a wig that was more feminine)

but that is all beside the point. I suppose my point is, that I do not think she was rejected by the LDS.

The one comment i can make is that's a story of one who might not of been rejected, and i will agree not all children are, however that being said i can comment on the vast number that have. Some news stories done on the homeless teens in SLC who have been tossed out by their families for being gay shed some light on this a while back.