The Second Coming Of Christ

isaiah28

It is interesting to me and perhaps a bit of human nature that most focus on the negative. There are many positives things that will occur. Since there are many positive things that exist in LDS scriptures - I will leave this as an exercise for the readers. In particular pay attention to the gatherings that will take place among the gentiles. The other thing I suggest we focus on is the separation of Babylon from a "remnant" of Zion. In ancient times the concept of remnant has significance associated with "salvation" or the salvage and separating that which is of value from the dross. It is the dross that is destroyed. There are some interesting scripture symbols concerning what is dross and labeled for destruction and what is labeled of value to be redeemed.

Indeed! These include 2 Nephi 5:5-6 ... Omni 1:12-13, 5-6 ... Alma the Elder ... Lehi ... the brother of Jared ... and then there are the many prophecies of Zion as well.

The Book of Mormon teaches by history-example as well as in plain prophecy. :)

Guest bizabra

How come NEVER wasn't an option in the poll?

Anyway, I vote NEVER, since Jesus, IF he existed, was a man. And we only get one shot at life, dudes.

Armageddon is a fantasy.

Anyway, I vote NEVER, since Jesus, IF he existed, was a man. And we only get one shot at life, dudes.

Armageddon is a fantasy.

Since you believe you know so much, perhaps you could tell me ...

Who owns the Federal Reserve? Who prints your money?

Guest bizabra

<div class='quotemain'>

Armageddon is a fantasy.

Since you believe you know so much, perhaps you could tell me ...

Who owns the Federal Reserve? Who prints your money?

BIZ: YOU believe also that "you know so much". Why is YOUR opinion any more THE TRUTH than mine, eh? And what the heck does the Federal Reserve and money printing have to do with this?

Weird. . . . .. . . .

He could tell you...

... but then he'd have to kill you.

BIZ: I'm a chick, dude.

And what the heck does the Federal Reserve and money printing have to do with this?

In time, you will know.

Meanwhile if you were to study the developments of China, the planting and growth of Communism, or even just the plans of them that propagated the philosophy that you believe, you would also know.

Until then, here's a hint:

"The only thing new under the sun is the history you don't know" -- Harry Truman

Right on, Snow.

And if history is any guide, all of our FIRST GOINGS will preceed Christ's SECOND COMING.

Also, since christians have been wrong about the second coming for almost 2000 years, why should we think that, all of a sudden, someone has it right? And we Mormons already have our track record of getting it wrong, so I guess we have just joined the crowd.

What manner of Christians are those that persecute other Christians who watch for the Lord's Coming?

Who shall declare this generation of apathetic pharasees laden with vanity? With an impervious heart they turn aside the just for a thing of naught. They seek the Lord with their lips but seek not the Lord, neither seek themselves learning. Notwithstanding this, the Lord will grant them the desires of their hearts for a season. They shall rail, and none shall reciprocate. They shall hiss, and none shall stay their mouths. And then cometh to pass that which they have not considered, and in that day they shall spurn in the midst of the air, and cry in the streets to plea. They shall stay themselves and wonder- O Zion, where hast thou fled?

What manner of Christians are those that persecute other Christians who watch for the Lord's Coming?

Who shall declare this generation of apathetic pharasees laden with vanity? With an impervious heart they turn aside the just for a thing of naught. They seek the Lord with their lips but seek not the Lord, neither seek themselves learning. Notwithstanding this, the Lord will grant them the desires of their hearts for a season. They shall rail, and none shall reciprocate. They shall hiss, and none shall stay their mouths. And then cometh to pass that which they have not considered, and in that day they shall spurn in the midst of the air, and cry in the streets to plea. They shall stay themselves and wonder- O Zion, where hast thou fled?

The people that left us the Dead Sea Scrolls were very much concerned with what the scriptures said about the Messiah, they were doing all that they could to be ready and pure when the Messiah came. They even knew with in a few years when the Messiah would be born. They knew all the signs - what more could they have done or been doing? Yet when the Messiah came they seemed to have missed him (at least the majority did).

What are you doing more than they? Why do you think you know more than others what to expect and how to be ready?

The Traveler

I dont see it happening in my life time. :hmmm:

the gosple must first reach the whole earth.

We are probably the generation that will see every tribe and nation receive the gospel. Also, if the disciples--especially John--were convinced Jesus could return at any time, then we ought to have the same mindset. Finally, Jesus said to keep watch, be ready, etc.--so, I'm cautious of reading into prophecies anything that would suggest we can be confident he won't come for awhile because something has not yet happened.

We are probably the generation that will see every tribe and nation receive the gospel. Also, if the disciples--especially John--were convinced Jesus could return at any time, then we ought to have the same mindset. Finally, Jesus said to keep watch, be ready, etc.--so, I'm cautious of reading into prophecies anything that would suggest we can be confident he won't come for awhile because something has not yet happened.

Thank you prisonchaplain - this is basically what I'm trying to get at ... regarding watching for the Lord's coming.

My above post was on the topic of: those not watching for His coming will end up caught with their pants down and find themselves among the 5 virgins without oil in their lamps (which also tend to persecute those watching ... like the Nephites in the Book of Mormon). With this in mind, one can then understand my last post :)

One thing we do know from the Bible - it will happen 'as a thief in the night' and only those watching for His coming will be prepared for it. I'm fairly certain these are they who comprise Zion in those days.

Along the theme of this thread, I'm curious about more LDS doctrine.

My question is, does the LDS Church teach the unannounced rapture of all believers prior to the second coming of Christ?

thank you,

blazius

Yes. There is still speculation on when, but many scholars believe the rapture will occur after the 42 months (1,260 days) of tribulation, just prior to when the entire earth is cleansed by fire. Also, we teach that there will be MANY that are not-LDS alive on the earth when the Savior comes. This entails that there will be many non-LDS among Zion and involved in the rapture.

Yes. There is still speculation on when, but many scholars believe the rapture will occur after the 42 months (1,260 days) of tribulation, just prior to when the entire earth is cleansed by fire. Also, we teach that there will be MANY that are not-LDS alive on the earth when the Savior comes. This entails that there will be many non-LDS among Zion and involved in the rapture.

If many non-LDS are raptured, where will they go? And, why would the Lord take non-LDS?

thanks for the help,

blazius

• 2 weeks later...