Costume ideas?

lydie15

Hey,

So in YSA in our stake there's a dance coming up which is comic book themed. So we have to dress as a comic book hero. I've found it really hard thinking of things to wear for it as most female comic book characters for one wear extremely tight one piece outfits or ridiculously revealing costumes. I don't know how many of the females are going to dress for the dance for this theme, it seems really hard to find something modest and under the theme.

The only outfit I can think of was to either wear my own clothes and maybe buy some stuff that may distinctively look like a comic book hero, or to go as Sailor Mars but with white tights underneath the skirt. I'm really worried about wearing the Sailor Mars costume as although I would be wearing tights underneath, it's not really Church code to wear tights to a dance nor to even have such a revealing skirt in the first place.

Can someone help me with ANY ideas on what to wear? :)

Thanks heaps!

April O'Neil from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Posted Image

There was an unpopular, short-lived Wonder Woman reboot you can use.

Posted Image

You could consider non-superheroes, like Lois Lane. You dress up like a reporter with a daily planet press pass (photoshop in your own pic).

Posted Image

I've also seen guys who don't want to go full tights get away with superhero in transformation. Usually it's a superman t-shirt under an unbuttoned shirt.

Posted Image

Maybe you could do something similar with one of the heros that actually uses an alternate identity.

Or you can go as a transformer :) (some of those have to be girls, right? otherwise they're all gender-neutral).

Posted Image

Or you could take a costume theme and create a modest version of it (I'm sure Power Girl and others would appreciate some alternatives).

Fantastic 4 is actually one of the easiest costumes to do.

Royal blue long-sleeve shirt, dark blue skinny jeans, black knee-high boots. Then you just need to make a circle out of white fabric, make the 4 insignia using fabric pen, sew it (or glue it) to the shirt and you're good to go.

Posted Image