What We Do During The Day

CaptainTux

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

i play with kids most the day! its lots of fun, and no they are not my kids. then i play on here and do alot of cleaning.

Dancergirl,

Given your description above, if you ever want to come watch my beautiful children and clean up my house, you are more than welcome. :D

Dr. T

lol, any time Dr. T. ;) though they would have to be at seperite times...i can only clean in an empty house :)

How come I don't get a minion? :dontknow:

• 8 months later...

I am one of the managers at a gas station. I raise the price of gas so people can't afford to buy it. At least that's what people think.

I absolutely love it. I've been there over 3 years. I know most of the people that come in. Know them so well I have their items on the counter before they even walk in the door.

<div class='quotemain'>

I absolutely love it. I've been there over 3 years. I know most of the people that come in. Know them so well I have their items on the counter before they even walk in the door.

hhhmmmm....then how come you never get my brand of chew correct?????

You buy so much of it we are always out. Just trying to substitute.

As a job, I complain about gas managers that raise the price of gas so people can't afford to buy it. :angry:

And a fine job you do I must say. You are by far the loudest of the complainers. Though I wonder sometimes...your voice does have a bit of a "meow" to it.

Guest MrsS

And a fine job you do I must say. You are by far the loudest of the complainers. Though I wonder sometimes...your voice does have a bit of a "meow" to it.

Mixed it with quite a bit of HISS-SPIT-SPUTTER-HISS Posted Image

Currently I work as truck mechanic at a small mom and pop operation in Hillsboro Oregon. Big rigs, motorhomes, Chevy's, Dodge's, Ford's, Isuzu's, etc., etc....from big to little, top to bottom, gas or desiel....I do it. I am ASE certified master truck mechanic...been doing this gig for about 11 years. Before that I was a morning drive radio disc jockey in southern California for 20 years. I will answer your question before you ask....

"Why did you quit radio"?

answer:

burn out factor...try waking up every monday through friday at 2:30am to get to work by 3:30 to prepare your show and get on the air at 6am. Your show has to be different everyday, you have to watch all the popular TV shows so you know what people are talking about, you have to read all the newspapers, watch the local news and see every darn new movie released. after your shift on air you then proceed to the production studio to prepare sound bites and bits for the next days show....when your done doing that you stay in there to write and produce a few attention grabbing creative commercials for advertising clients....by this time it's 1 or 2pm and time to go home...you do what you can with your family but you are totally drained, not physically but mentally. Physically drained comes around 7pm when it feels like midnight...but you have to stay up to watch the latest episode of Friends so you don't sound stupid on air the next day. Oh and don't forget all the "live" broadcasts the account reps have sold and all those station promotions you are required to attend...ie: ladies night at some bar, live broadcast at the grand opening of some liquor store.

I just got sick and tired of it all and wanted a simple 9-5 monday-friday job so I went back to school for a year and voila'....here I am, happy and have a ton of time with my family. Plus I don't have to feel guilty because I am not on the air "pushing the envelope" of taste with the listeners which I was required to do.

I am still a Service Advisor at the RV Dealership I mentioned early on in this thread. However, my hours have changed. Since the first of this year I work from 8-5 there and help run the Service Dept. I am responsible for all the sold units to be ready for delivery on the date they are scheduled. The other 2 Service Advisors take care of all the customer stuff.

Currently I work as truck mechanic at a small mom and pop operation in Hillsboro Oregon. Big rigs, motorhomes, Chevy's, Dodge's, Ford's, Isuzu's, etc., etc....from big to little, top to bottom, gas or desiel....I do it. I am ASE certified master truck mechanic...been doing this gig for about 11 years. Before that I was a morning drive radio disc jockey in southern California for 20 years. I will answer your question before you ask....

"Why did you quit radio"?

answer:

burn out factor...try waking up every monday through friday at 2:30am to get to work by 3:30 to prepare your show and get on the air at 6am. Your show has to be different everyday, you have to watch all the popular TV shows so you know what people are talking about, you have to read all the newspapers, watch the local news and see every darn new movie released. after your shift on air you then proceed to the production studio to prepare sound bites and bits for the next days show....when your done doing that you stay in there to write and produce a few attention grabbing creative commercials for advertising clients....by this time it's 1 or 2pm and time to go home...you do what you can with your family but you are totally drained, not physically but mentally. Physically drained comes around 7pm when it feels like midnight...but you have to stay up to watch the latest episode of Friends so you don't sound stupid on air the next day. Oh and don't forget all the "live" broadcasts the account reps have sold and all those station promotions you are required to attend...ie: ladies night at some bar, live broadcast at the grand opening of some liquor store.

I just got sick and tired of it all and wanted a simple 9-5 monday-friday job so I went back to school for a year and voila'....here I am, happy and have a ton of time with my family. Plus I don't have to feel guilty because I am not on the air "pushing the envelope" of taste with the listeners which I was required to do.

Where in So. Cal and what station if you don't mind me asking?