man arested for stating god does not exist on facebook

bcguy

Since He is Omnipresent then He is there too. He is anywhere you choose to look for Him.

Okay then I'm still right. I don't choose to look for Him on facebook, therefore He is not there. :P

Ie, some times, people of a religion will take out of context a verse in there religious material and twist it to suit there own needs.

Does the Quran say it is completely exceptable to hang or stone a person if they deny the existence of god in public?

I can point you to source material where this is debated.

http://www.islamicvoice.com/April2006/QuestionHour-DrZakirNaik/

Dr Zakir Naik is well thought of.

However, even in Christian realms, the penalty is severe. IE

And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: [book of Leviticus 24:16]

So, if you are going to dis Muslims over this, it is best that we know what our own book says.

Doesn't the book of Mormon talk about one day Heavenly Father punishing the unfaithful with only those who kept to his word and spirit being spared.

So, in a sense, this Indonesian only getting 5 years is relatively minor. I am fairly sure that in Saudi Arabia, it would be death, or worse.

As for me, I am not a "helper of God". God will kill those he wishes to.

Sorry, I don't have the political gene. I was confused about the "Occupy" movement, but when I attended some of their events, I was shocked at what banks can get away with. I am not in big debt, I was astonished that $800 I put on a Best Buy credit card is still about $750 after paying on it for 14 months. So, I will pay that off in the next few months. I had no idea that the interest laws had changed. Someone snuck in and did it. Was it a republican or a democrat?

I was astonished that this whole banking melt down thing happened because bankers were doing some really sleazy things that I would never think of. I mean who in their right mind would take out insurance on a loan that was sure to fail? Of course, I think the majority of our trouble originated with us. We all spent more than we had.

So, when you say that Obama has negated free speech, I have to tell you that I will be looking for opposing arguments on the issue, not because I want t argue, but because I just don't understand.

So, if they can negate the 1st amendment, then what stops them from making Islam illegal? and if they do that, then what makes any religion safe. Surely all Mormons understand what it is like to be deprived of their religious rights?

After that, what stops the loss of the right to bear arms? What about the 13th amendment, or the 15th amendment? I for one do not want to be a slave to my husband.

I wish that rather than make inflammatory, partisan statements, people would just suppy informative, truthful information. Speaking from the depth of my ignorance, I need all the help understanding these things that I can get. :)

I just did a people search and can confirm that God does not exist on facebook.

Haha - I was about to make exactly the same joke when I saw the thread title, but you beat me to it!

A few similar ones:

"Electric stove, suitable for young housewife with white enamelled sides."

"For the first six weeks the young birds were fed on sheets of asbestos 2ft by 3ft."

"She raised her head, startled, and stared at the young boy who was smiling at her. Spread around her was a sun-flooded valley where buttercups nodded lazily in the summer breeze and tranquil cows chewed solemnly at her elbow."

"Again for an instant she raised those wonderful eyes to his. He studied the thickness of the lashes as they fell once more to her lap."

"He leaned his head against her hair. A wasp strayed across her face. He kissed it."

"Tables for sale: To seat six people with round legs and four people with square legs."

"The thing that first caught my eye was a large silver cup that Charles had won for skating on the mantelpiece."

The prize has to go to my wife: last year when we were on holdiay, my mother had given us a carton of UHT milk (which my wife detests):

"Are you going to drink your mother's milk? Because I'm not!"

It was a few moments before she realized why I was falling about laughing!

Edited by Jamie123

"Are you going to drink your mother's milk? Because I'm not!"

It was a few moments before she realized why I was falling about laughing!

Quick language lesson, then a story:

A common Alsatian diminutive suffix is "-ele" (final 'e' pronounced as a schwa); for example, if you want to say "little man", you might say "manele", and if you wanted to say "little Lisa", you would say "Lisale". (Think Fiddler on the Roof, where Tevye mourns the loss of his daughter Chava by singing, "Little bird, little Chavale.")

I know this because my mother-in-law is from Alsace, so in addition to French and Pittsburghese, my wife grew up using some Alsatian words and phrases. The diminutive thing is something I picked up on quickly, and so after I married my wife, I took to calling my mother-in-law "Mamale". Now it just so happens that the Alsatian term for "mother's milk" is "mamamele". So we have had a lot of fun over the years with that.

Though I have not completed the research yet, we think that one side of our family was from Alsace. The supposition is that the "Bouchers" were from there, and could have been Amish or Menonite imigrants to Worcestershire in the UK. In the early 1700's I think there was a religous war in that area and that may have been how the Bouchers got to Virginia around 1725. The other side of the family are "Webb's", and from information furnished to me by a Welsh national living in Cardiff, Webb is an old Norman name.

Interestingly, I also found out that the Boucher family name is also represented in a cemetery near Landcaster, PA. It will be fun putting all these pieces together. :)