Dance music for wedding

classylady

My daughter is getting married and we are trying to compile dance music for the wedding. What are some of your favorite songs that are LDS appropriate? We need a song for the Bride and Groom's first dance, Bride and Father's dance, and then just general good/fun dance music.

I like this old pop classic, but don't know if it would be appreciated or appropriate at a wedding--though my daughter loves it. "If You Wanna Be Happy for the rest of your life, Never make a pretty woman your wife, So from my personal point of view, Get an ugly girl to marry you...." What do you think? This is one of those songs, as a family, that we used to sing out loud to while driving in the car. So it does have some "family" good-time memories.

You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out, you put your left foot in and shake it all about...

:-)

But for general dance mixes, the kids party CD advertised on Nickelodeon is mucho fun!

My daughter is getting married and we are trying to compile dance music for the wedding. What are some of your favorite songs that are LDS appropriate? We need a song for the Bride and Groom's first dance, Bride and Father's dance, and then just general good/fun dance music.

I like this old pop classic, but don't know if it would be appreciated or appropriate at a wedding--though my daughter loves it. "If You Wanna Be Happy for the rest of your life, Never make a pretty woman your wife, So from my personal point of view, Get an ugly girl to marry you...." What do you think? This is one of those songs, as a family, that we used to sing out loud to while driving in the car. So it does have some "family" good-time memories.

Butterfly Kisses is a good one.

How about Noel Paul Stookey's (Peter, Paul and Mary), "Wedding Song - (There is Love)"

John Denver's "Annie's Song" is also nice.

Of course, you could go the other direction and use the song made famous by Fred Astaire and Jame Powell: "How Could You Believe Me When I Said I Love You, When You Know I've Been A Liar All My Life?"

Great song for a fun wedding

Nobody does the bunny hop and the loco motion song at weddings anymore. why not bring those back? kids can get into it, too. it's so cheesey, it might get people on the floor that might just dance because it's silly and nobody does it anymore.

And the macarena!