BMW Drivers

Jamie123

What is it with people who drive BMW's?

There may be honourable exceptions (what do I know?) but as far as I can make out the typical BMW driver is an obnoxious, pushy, arrogant, obnoxious .... a suitable noun has yet to be invented to follow these adjectives. Anyone would think that when you buy a BMW you get "the deeds" to the public highway.....grumble, grumble, grouse, whine, grumble moan. There, I said it!

There may be honourable exceptions (what do I know?) but as far as I can make out the typical BMW driver is an obnoxious, pushy, arrogant, obnoxious .... a suitable noun has yet to be invented to follow these adjectives. Anyone would think that when you buy a BMW you get "the deeds" to the public highway.....grumble, grumble, grouse, whine, grumble moan. There, I said it!

Well you tend to get a cadre of people who love BMWs as the 'ultimate driving machine', a person inclined to buy the 'ultimate driving machine' probably thinks they go along with the car as, 'the ultimate driver'. Which probably leads to a certain confidence/arrogance on the road.

Though really, you tend to see a similar aggressiveness of driving with any 'high class' or 'sporty' car. Of course there is serious confirmation bias at play, all those Challengers or Mustangs (with racing stripes) with perfectly defensive drivers behind the wheel don't get noticed. And something like a Honda Civic or Toyota Camry tends to just blend in with all the other vehicles on the road so the driver-car connection doesn't tend to get made.

My younger brother and his wife have a BMW wagon. It's a great car, and he loves the power for sure, but he's one of the best drivers I know, along with his wife.

However, I was in San Diego when the BMW Z3 was big...I'll concede the point with the higher-end BMW's on that basis alone. Just remember, there are always exceptions ;)

They must be the same people who drive Dodge trucks in the US.

No kidding. It was bought for me by spouse. It was 93 4x4 Dodge Cummins that I had to climb into because it was so high. I always tried to be nice to everyone, and with diesel you win no races, AS IF! It was not truck for church and modesty.

My biggest problem with Dodge truck was that all the men who drove Ford trucks became consumate winers when they saw my truck. They'd spend so much time telling me how much better their trucks were that it became intollerable. Finally, I told them that the person who made the payments should drive what they wished to drive.

I never resorted to revealing the true acronym of Ford Truck. (Found On Road Dead) snicker snicker. Promise. :twisted:

I'm a Cadillac girl. Yeah, do I get it from everyone - family and friends. Asian driving a Caddilac. Most Asians who can afford it - and even some that don't - get a BMW... or a Lexus. The Cadillac, they keep telling me, are for old black dudes.

And yeah, most of the young Asians I know driving BMWs drive like they're on the autobahn. The ones getting the SUVs drive like they're driving on eggshells... and wash the car daily before parking it in the garage at night.

Okay, okay, so I'm generalizing. Major.

I'm a Cadillac girl. Yeah, do I get it from everyone - family and friends. Asian driving a Caddilac. Most Asians who can afford it - and even some that don't - get a BMW... or a Lexus. The Cadillac, they keep telling me, are for old black dudes.

And yeah, most of the young Asians I know driving BMWs drive like they're on the autobahn. The ones getting the SUVs drive like they're driving on eggshells... and wash the car daily before parking it in the garage at night.

Okay, okay, so I'm generalizing. Major.

It is funny, because when I was Muslim, I had no car and decided to buy one. I found cute little pickup that was light blue, and when I ask the salesman to show it to me, he said this car not for woman. He absolutley would not sell it to me, and being conditioned to be obedient to the men at the time, he sold me Toyota Corolla. I must say that it is great little car and we have driven it all over the USA.

Now days, since I am catered to Mormon Princess, I would have my little pickup for hauling gardening supplies, and antique store steals. LOL

Guest Godless

My boss is a devout BMW fan. I'm not sure what kind of driver he is, but I do know that his 5-series randomly burst into flames a few months ago while he was driving. He now drives a 3-series.

My boss is a devout BMW fan. I'm not sure what kind of driver he is, but I do know that his 5-series randomly burst into flames a few months ago while he was driving. He now drives a 3-series.

Being farm girl, I can not imagine owning vehicle that can not haul some hay, a day old calf, my dog, a dead Elk, and get me to the dance and sacrement service without mud on my dress.

:itwasntme:

Don't know where most of you live, but here near Silicon Valley, BMWs are like ants on the freeways: Totally ubiquitious. So I don't notice any attitude.:cool:

I have driven BMWs for over 20 years now, and my wife also now has a X3 she's totally in love with. They are excellent vehicles.:P