What would be considered an orthodox Mormon?

Bini

There is a loving way to correct someone spouting false doctrine. Its easier done in person than on an internet forum.

Yea, I could go up to them and tell them they're flat out wrong instead of loading up a bunch of smilies in case I hurt anyones feeling.

Hidden

Yea, I could go up to them and tell them they're flat out wrong instead of loading up a bunch of smilies in case I hurt anyones feeling.

Yes, I understand why you feel that way. :):) I used to feel that way, too. :):) Many years ago. :):) And I think it's very special for you. :):)

(I would have used more smileys to make my message that much friendlier, but the BB system doesn't let me use more than 8 smileys. *^*)

I'd really be interested in finding out what "orthodox" would mean in relation to our church as well. What is the difference between a orthodox mormon vs. a fundamentalist mormon vs. a _________ (fill in the blank) mormon? I know that I could search on the computer for answers, but am interested in your points of view. By the way, what is a "New Age Mormon"?

All know is that even though I am a sinner, Jesus Christ paid the ultimate price for me personally, and all of us universally. I'm an active and faithful member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints who loves my Heavenly Father. I read and cherish my scriptures - I know the Bible to be holy scripture, but I also know the Book of Mormon is holy scripture as well. I sustain Thomas S. Monson as our prophet. My temple marriage is sacred to me and my husband, who by the way, has me as his only wife! (He says I'm way more than enough for him to handle - :)

Peace to you all.

I'd really be interested in finding out what "orthodox" would mean in relation to our church as well. What is the difference between a orthodox mormon vs. a fundamentalist mormon vs. a _________ (fill in the blank) mormon? I know that I could search on the computer for answers, but am interested in your points of view. By the way, what is a "New Age Mormon"?

All know is that even though I am a sinner, Jesus Christ paid the ultimate price for me personally, and all of us universally. I'm an active and faithful member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints who loves my Heavenly Father. I read and cherish my scriptures - I know the Bible to be holy scripture, but I also know the Book of Mormon is holy scripture as well. I sustain Thomas S. Monson as our prophet. My temple marriage is sacred to me and my husband, who by the way, has me as his only wife! (He says I'm way more than enough for him to handle - :)

Peace to you all.

Most fundamentalist mormons have never been members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

As a member of the LDS Church I don't mind the nickname Mormon but it irritates the heck out of me when people who have never been members are called fundamentalist mormons.

Most fundamentalist mormons have never been members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

As a member of the LDS Church I don't mind the nickname Mormon but it irritates the heck out of me when people who have never been members are called fundamentalist mormons.

Kind of like how it might irritate the heck out of Christians of other denominations when we claim to be Christian, even though we've never been a member of one of their accepted (i.e., orthodox) denominations? ;)

Edited by qedd
Grammar.

Kind of like how it might irritate the heck out of Christians of other denominations when we claim to be Christian, even though we've never been a member of one of their accepted (i.e., orthodox) denominations? ;)

ROFL

Well considering the New Testament defines a Christian as a disciple of Christ, I wouldn't say its the same at all.