Hello from Irishcolleen

Irishcolleen

Hi Colleen,

Welcome! I'm very glad you decided to join with an attitude of fellowship. I hope I can both learn from, and perhaps offer something toward your goal.

When you say you're "traditional Christian" are you referring to Protestant, Catholic, or something more specific? I personally was raised a Eastern Orthodox (Catholic), became envolved with the 'born again' movement in the 70's so was a Protestant for several years. I first heard about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in 1979 and after initial opposition developed a testimony and joined in 1979. I've been away for awhile and have reestablished myself with a firm testimony for the last 4 years.

Is there anything I can do to help get you started? I'm new around here too!

I love Ireland!^_^ .....I've had "Learning Irish" by Mícheál Ó Siadhail on my bookshelf for ages...looong time ago I used to "have" some Irish but have forgotten most of it by now:( I spent a couple of (my student) years in England and the English people have a special place in my heart - still...politics-wise I sympathize with Ireland!:D

Welcome to the forum!:)

I am interested in promoting understanding between traditional Christians and the LDS. I think LDS and traditional Christians have many misconceptions about each other. Perhaps we can understand each other without forcing our beliefs on each other.:)

Welcome welcome :)

I came here a few years ago trying to promote my own understanding of the LDS faith. You'll find this a good place to learn, and that you will have opportunities to share your perspective as well. One book I would recommend to you is: How Wide the Divide?: A Mormon & an Evangelical in Conversation: Craig L. Blomberg,Stephen E. Robinson: 9780830819911: Amazon.com: Books.

It gives an excellent discussion of where we agree and disagree, written by two professors (one LDS, one Evangelical). The level is solid, but approachable, and the authors are respectful, and yet uncompromising. The book will give you a good foundations for discussions here. Welcome aboard!