It's Time

Leah

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't have to be a HP to be a temple worker. Unless that has been recently (within the past 2 years or so) changed. I have friends who were temple workers and were not HP.

Temple workers or veil workers?

Maybe it's a Seattle temple thing.

I get freaked out by the niceness and the happiness at the temple. I am not used to it. The temple workers are soooo nice and so happy for you your first time and just as happy to see you on your 10th time.

The last time I was in the temple, this young man just smiled at me like he knew me. I thought maybe he was one of our new missionaries I hadn't met (it was our ward temple trip). We spoke for a moment ('cause, gee, he looked at me like we'd gone to school together) and it turns out he was just a local guy, come to the temple like everyone else. Darned friendly Mormons! Seriously, it has been one of the hardest things for me to get used to. Something similar happened at the Nauvoo visitor's center. A sister walked over and started talking like we were long lost buds.

I know I'm a hard-hearted east-coaster, but I hope I can acquire some of this niceness before I pass on. Despite what people might think from my usual postings here, I am working on it. :lol:

I'm happy for you and jealous that you are so close to a temple and can go frequently.

My attendant was so awesome. She made sure I got potty breaks. There was a young girl getting endowed at the same session. Just before we were to go in, my attendant told them she had promised me a potty break, and by golly...she made them hold up a moment while she walked me to the ladies' room!

I am so glad to live a few minutes away from the temple and able to go any time I want. That is a huge blessing.

BTW.....a woman from our ward attended the session after mine. She said a 90 year old woman was endowed! How awesome is that?

Guest LiterateParakeet

I get freaked out by the niceness and the happiness at the temple. I am not used to it.

LOL, I am glad you said that...I feel the same way about church too. The happiness freaks me out a bit.