Lasik Surgery

Anddenex

I'd love to be able to afford it.

I was working for an optometrist. Hooray for professional courtesy!

For anyone in the Pacific Northwest, I highly recommend Pacific Cataract and Laser Institute. Top-notch care, and the doctor prayed with the whole room before my procedure. I really appreciated that.

I highly recommend it. Went from nearly blind to 20/15, with potential to get better from here.

My wife is a little jealous... I tell her it is against the commandments to be jealous. She then calls me a "jerk." LOL

Any reason you didn't go with PRK or implantables?

Any reason you didn't go with PRK or implantables?

Great question Vort. My procedure would actually have been described as PRK. No blade touched my eye.

This describes my procedure:

In PRK, epithelium is removed and the outermost layer below the epithelium is treated with laser

I really never took thought about having implantables. I thought this was only for people with cataracts, but apparently it isn't.

I believe my wife would actually need implantables.

I had it done, and would do it again in a heartbeat. Even though I was one of the doc's first patients with the new location and equipment. Even though I was the patient that taught him "Gee, bigger guys need a little more sedation". Even though I can remember the whole procedure.

I remember the laser clicking away as the doc held my eyeball flap open. When I lied down on the table, the white blur above me was the lazer. When the doc folded back the flap, I could see the serial number on the stamp on the machine.

I've never gone through something that produced such an instant life-bettering experience. Even though I spent Christmas recovering, the following 8 years were so worth it.

My surgery wasn't so smooth either L_M, even though she has done over 20K surgeries. I found out that my cornea is 1.8 mls. smaller than the average persons. The average person is apparently 12 mls. I am 10.2 mls.

The epithelium was removed, but I had to wait for 30 minutes before they could actually proceed with the laser treatment. Apparently in removing my epithelium bubbles were created that would have had interfered with the laser treatment.

When the bubbles dissipated, I was able to proceed. Despite the hemorrhage in my right eye, nothing serious, everything went fine.