Help dealing with guy next door grieving method

kathysmike

Two weeks ago my neibojor's Wife passedwat, since then every eveing, we been over cone by the pungent ordor.of what we belive to be of POT. What we are looking for is ideas on how best to handle the situation, do we simple ignor it contact him and let him we are disturbed by the heavy amount of smoke that is entring our homes. Or contact the police agency and let them handlle the siuation?

Two weeks ago my neibojor's Wife passedwat, since then every eveing, we been over cone by the pungent ordor.of what we belive to be of POT. What we are looking for is ideas on how best to handle the situation, do we simple ignor it contact him and let him we are disturbed by the heavy amount of smoke that is entring our homes. Or contact the police agency and let them handlle the siuation?

If you live here in Washington, the cops will probably suggest you go over and share his pot with him.

Guest SquidMom

How old is this guy? Is the pot smoking a new thing, do you know? If you know him pretty well, it would probably be okay to just go visit him and let him know that you understand he is grieving, and that you are worried about him and his smoking so much. If he really doesnt want you in his business, he might tone it down so you won't have an excuse to bother him anymore....

If you know him well you might tell him the smell is getting to be overpowering and that some neighbors might be inclined to report him. He might need someone to listen to him.

The pot is not good but with his wife dying it just seems like piling on pain to get him arrested for it. He is clearly not thinking well at the moment already.

How old is this guy? Is the pot smoking a new thing, do you know? If you know him pretty well, it would probably be okay to just go visit him and let him know that you understand he is grieving, and that you are worried about him and his smoking so much. If he really doesnt want you in his business, he might tone it down so you won't have an excuse to bother him anymore....

I agree mostly with this but before you get involved with this make sure you really understand the 5 stages of grief. It sounds like he's going thru depression. So if you do say something be prepared for anger mostly. And don't take to heart anything he might say. In order to make better choices about the pot he needs to be in a healthy state of mind. I would just let him know that you are aware ( you can never understand someone else's grief) of his loss. Ask him if he can make sure his Windows are closed so he is not likely to upset any neighbours with it and I would invite him over for dinner. Don't push him to join you and if ur declines like most people will drop off some left overs so he's aware that people do care about him. It might take some time for him to start talking. It's then and only then will he be more understanding about stopping the pot.