To Facial Hair or Not To Facial Hair?

EarlJibbs

Well, that's a little offensive to those of us who find our husbands extremely attractive with goatees or beards.

C'mon now Wingnut... haven't you ever heard a blonde joke in your life?

I thought this was a funny thread?

This is a funny thread but I would like to add a real life story that is more serious.

When I was in grade school one of the kids on the playground was telling me that only followers of satan wore beards or mustaches. She was told this in primary. My dad had a mustache and always had. He was not evil. I remember how angry I was to be told by some little brat that my dad was evil.

It is obvious from looking at photographs of our past leaders that this is not an old idea. I am guessing it came about in the 50's along with a bunch of other strange ideas about conformity. It would pay to be less picky about things that really dont matter.

Hidden

This is a funny thread but I would like to add a real life story that is more serious.

When I was in grade school one of the kids on the playground was telling me that only followers of satan wore beards or mustaches. She was told this in primary. My dad had a mustache and always had. He was not evil. I remember how angry I was to be told by some little brat that my dad was evil.

It is obvious from looking at photographs of our past leaders that this is not an old idea. I am guessing it came about in the 50's along with a bunch of other strange ideas about conformity. It would pay to be less picky about things that really dont matter.

You know, I may be completely wrong, but it seems like in the first generation of temple endowment films (ca. early 1980s), Satan wore a beard, but the other non-divine actors were clean-shaven (including Eve!). Am I misremembering?