How do I ask to leave?

anan

Look at the Original post.

That is what I call airing your dirty laundry. It should've looked like this

Hey, without debating why, I'd like to find out how to get my name removed from the churches records. How do I go about doing that? I've already gone to my bishop about it but chickened out under pressure to not have my name removed.

Thanks.

It would've been a 2-4 reply thread at max and the answer would've been obtained quickly, instead we have this 3 page spectacle with your families lives plastered all over it (not by us) and has devolved into a bash the Mormons thread.

Look at the Original post.

That is what I call airing your dirty laundry. It should've looked like this

It would've been a 2-4 reply thread at max and the answer would've been obtained quickly, instead we have this 3 page spectacle with your families lives plastered all over it (not by us) and has devolved into a bash the Mormons thread.

Heck, the question of how to go about getting one's name removed was answered the second post of this thread. So it's not like details were demanded in exchange for an answer, particularly, as you point out, since the OP volunteered a host of information beyond your proposed straightforward question.

Edited by Dravin

1) This is the worst gossip web site that I have ever seen. I don’t believe in airing my dirty laundry all over the internet. This is against Biblical scripture.

Interesting. I've never once seen gossip on this site in the 14 years I've been a member of it. How do you gossip about random people you only know on the internet?

1) I don’t believe in airing my dirty laundry all over the internet. This is against Biblical scripture.

Could you please show me biblical scripture that even once mentions dirty laundry and internet?

Also as selek mentioned...it appears to me that kloud brought the subject up. Not anyone else. If you don't want information out on the internet then don't put it. Also when you go to a public forum and ask for advice or input...expect to read things that you don't agree with. That's what discussion is about.

My wife wanted to make an account and reply to some of this—to which I said no again. Even if she did chime in someone would say it was actually me. I feel certain that one of the moderators would check the IP, see the messages came from the same address, and I find myself in a paradox.

Interesting that one would have the foresight to even consider the ramifications of this. So I will admit it does become suspect. We have had numerous couples on this site that use the same computer and IP. As long as we are aware of it there is no problem.

Honestly, if people knew the truth about your church, you probably wouldn’t want to go there either.

For one thing, I know the truth about my church and that's why I remain a member. Why I let what other people think they know about the truth influence if I went or not is beyond me.

By the way, the bishop told my husband that he would go to Hell for leaving the church.

Extremely suspect. I could never imagine a Bishop telling someone this. Especially in light that we don't believe in Hell in the same way as other Christian organizations do.

Edited by pam

Wow! You're such a supportive wife: Creating a profile and logging in here specifically just to support what your husband is saying, because he clearly was complaining bitterly about some random people on a website, and this made you come on here.

Reminds me a lot of that person who committed suicide and whose spouse created an account and logged in here just to 'let us know how much we meant to the person' and when I asked where the funeral was being held so I could send flowers, they refused.

Did you know that you and your husband both misuse the word 'gossip' in exactly the same way? Here's the definition:

Noun

Casual or unconstrained conversation or reports about other people, typically involving details that are not confirmed as being true.

Since we've been talking directly to your husband, that's not gossip. Unless you physically know some of us and know we've been talking about your husband off of here. MOE? JAG? Anyone? Do you know this person in real life and have you been talking about them?

Wow. If I wasn't so trusting, I'd think this was the act of a single person who is almost a paranoid schizophrenic, thinking other people are talking about them secretly.

Can I ask how your husband knew the ward was gossipping about their car? I'm surprised that he'd know at all, what with him admitting that he isn't active at all and spends all day lying about everything. Is he spending time with his friends in the ward and hears them gossiping about him, or are they gossiping to you about how terrible your car is?

To all the people at LDS.net,

I am the wife of Kloud. I have a few things to say:

1) This is the worst gossip web site that I have ever seen. I don’t believe in airing my dirty laundry all over the internet. This is against Biblical scripture.

2) I really think you shouldn’t judge someone by a few words on a blog. Do not judge least; ye shall be judged.

3) I really wish people knew how to answer a question without giving their own opinions to the situation.

I have lived through a lot of things in my life. We do have kids. They currently live with my parents. Our oldest son is severely autistic and my younger son has ADHD. We decided that we wouldn’t bring that up because it is none of your or anyone else’s business. The reason he waited until my baptism was because he had been researching it on the internet and elsewhere. He can’t tell me information that he didn’t know. With the information that we know now, I am thankful that I didn’t become a member. Your church was built on a bunch of lies. Honestly, if people knew the truth about your church, you probably wouldn’t want to go there either.

By the way, the bishop told my husband that he would go to Hell for leaving the church. I don’t know how an organization can lay claim to your salvation. I have been a member of a different church for years and according to them. Your salvation is between you and God not a church, religion, or building. God is the only one that has a right to judge.

First, I do know you don't believe in Hell as others do in the "outer darkness" sounds like science fiction, and still another version of Hell.

The taco story

I was actually at Wal-mart stocking shelves. I was always by myself so I would sing to myself and pray. I asked God what it would take to truly be happy. His reply was "you wont truly be blessed until you are sealed."

I saw an angel when I was five and I know the words of the lord when I hear him.

Edited by Sweetpea81

First, I do know you don't believe in Hell as others do in the "outer darkness" sounds like science fiction, and still another version of Hell.

The taco story

I was actually at Wal-mart stocking shelves. I was always by myself so I would sing to myself and pray. I asked God what it would take to truly be happy. His reply was "you wont truly be blessed until you are sealed."

I saw an angel when I was five and I know the words of the lord when I hear them.

So what do you think was meant by you need to be sealed?

At the time, I thought I needed to be sealed to my husband. I know more about the church and I disagree with it. I also think maybe God's intention was for Kloud to leave because information that we have found out about the church. I am not hear to change anyone's testimony. We just needed the information that we have now, and that is it.

Thank you to the few people who actually answered my husband question!