Wedding gifts

Wedding season is coming! What do you like to give the bride and groom?

I'm especially thinking about DH's little brother and his bride-to-be, who are very special to us. They've lived together for a long time (brother has been inactive for years, SIL-to-be is agnostic) so they probably have everything they need.

One thing I saw given as a wedding gift which I would never ever have thought of but it's so practical. That was a small fire proof safe. It's not always something that we would purchase for ourselves but can become invaluable for important documents.

Money - it's practical and easier to give than a wrapped present. It seems to be more common now to get money. Both at my daughter's and niece's weddings, the gift table had a few wrapped gifts but an enormous amount of wedding cards, no doubt with money.

M.

Edited by Maureen

Maybe something they can do together, gift certificate for a dinner theatre, or if they have a shared hobby like mountain biking or something like that a gift certificate to help them buy stuff for it. I like gift certificates for people who have everything, it shows that you have still put some thought into what they would enjoy, but helps avoid the receiving 3 spice racks when you don't even like to cook issue.

One thing I saw given as a wedding gift which I would never ever have thought of but it's so practical. That was a small fire proof safe. It's not always something that we would purchase for ourselves but can become invaluable for important documents.

Just make sure you remember where you put the keys. I have our social security cards in a fire proof safe, lost the keys, and really need to verify the SSNs for taxes.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest HermioneP
Hidden

I'm sure that you are still anticipated to show up to all the weddings this spring, even if it may seem just a little expensive. You need to buy new clothes and of course, don't forget the gift! It's obvious that the cost of fuel is increasing as stations switch to a summer blend, and also you will probably have multiple wedding ceremonies to go to in the spring. You can make it to all of them if you get a bit of help with a payday advance loan. Find out more at: Payday Advance Loan