Call me old fashioned....

bytor2112

3 things with a qualifier first:

Qualifier - There are enough ways to avoid pregnancy that a woman should never be in this position

1. The Supreme Court has already spoken on this in Roe v Wade, it'll be overturned.

2. The very women who would have an abortion are not really the ones I want raising the next generation.

3. Some of you are trying to take choice away from others, even when its the wrong choice, who else tried that a long time ago?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you are trying to take choice away from others, even when its the wrong choice, who else tried that a long time ago?

Really? So anyone that takes choice from someone else is Satan?

What about my choice to not pay taxes, or abuse schedule 1 drugs or ride a bike without a helmet or fire someone because I don't like his skin color?

I could go on but by now I'm sure you see how silly the "choice" argument is.

Certainly Heavenly Father wants his children to use their experience and wisdom and choose leaders, regulations and rights to govern society. He has inspired and guided those who seek his will in establishing a government or selecting righteous leaders but that is our choice, and we are all free to choose our form of government wether that be kings, dictators, democracy or anarchy or anything in between.

While we are free to choose our government we are not free from the consequences of those choices. I think we can agree in a righteous society there would be no abortions for convenience. Where we disagree is would a righteous society thru law allow such horrors to be committed in the first place?

We as a people are either pushing for Zion or Gomorrah. I think we will be held accountable and suffer consequences as a society and as individuals for what we choose if we have that opportunity.

2. The very women who would have an abortion are not really the ones I want raising the next generation.

This argument is a bit disturbing as well. For some reason it makes me think of someone saying

"Who cares about gang murder in the hood, we don't want those people in our society anyway. Let them kill each other if they want".

3. Some of you are trying to take choice away from others, even when its the wrong choice, who else tried that a long time ago?

Like we don't do that with...drugs..or murder...or rape...or violence....theft...taxes....school choice....age of consent for sex....alcohol use.....tobacco use....

So, I guess we should have a free for all and live and let live.

Backroads, I am more than happy to share my thoughts on it with you.

The abortion issue for me is really that simple: Women should have the right to choose how they live and what they do with their bodies. To reiterate, I don't always agree with how others choose to live, I don't but I also realise that people have agency. We live in an imperfect world with imperfect people, yet, The Lord continues to grant all of us our agency.

I did not read the thread. Just happened on this one.

I'm sorry. But the moment you let Man's seed into your body you get to share the fruits of it as well as the uterus that houses that fruit with Man. It's not yours and yours alone. Therefore, your choice of allowing Man to have control of your body was made the day you had sex. Yes. It is really as simple as that. And you may see it as unfortunate that you are the one who has a uterus and not Man. But - you can sue Mother Nature for that.

Of course, rape removes that choice at sex, so you get an exemption.

Sad that women are raised to believe that this is a cause worthy to fight for....there should be a special place in Sheol for democrats that have so brainwashed these people.

Story here.

An image of fanaticism:

Posted Image

I'd say its a manifestation of a deeper problem; what happens when promiscuity and/or the concept of "sexual freedom" combined with a casual or skewed regard (or probably disregard would be more accurate) for creating family relationships is the norm or is what is expected.

IE there is very little burden or bearing from society at large in any form (whether in education or in punishment, or some other avenue) to make people realize the seriousness of sex, as well as that of getting married. and pretty much the only major forces that do, tend to get labeled more and more as old fashioned, extreme and misguided.

It is tough and for many reasons. Of course, there's the debate on WHEN it is a child and not just a thing inside a woman's womb.

Is there really a serious debate on this? When Miss Egg meets Mr. Sperm the two become one, and the new life form starts growing. Nine months later a human baby pops out. The burden of proof that would permit extinguishing the allegedly non-human life form falls upon the executioners, no?

--I did have one pro-choicer argue that until the umbilical cord is cut the life form is nothing more than a parasite. All I could respond with was a dumbounded WOW! Really??? :o

I still maintain that because it is inside the woman, in her body, what step is decided next is up to her.

Except for cases of rape, I'd suggest that the mother's agency took place prior to the impregnation. Why should she get to choose for the baby, and rob his/her agency? Let the baby choose. And, until the baby can, the state should protect him/her.

Again, that's MY opinion.

Yes, we saw the byline. It's okay. We're here to help you. ;)