If no one judged me, I would __________.

Bini

A TV programme asked its viewers to fill in the blank: "If no one judged me, I would __________" and received all kinds of feedback. Many responses were unsurprising but some were outright shocking. What would you say?

Interesting how everyone tends to the negative, If nobody judged me then nobody would trust me. Or other innumerable judgments that most of us tend to appreciate. I would pretty much be unable to function in society.

Edited by Dravin

Interesting how everyone tends to the negative, If nobody judged me then nobody would trust me. Or other innumerable judgments that most of us tend to appreciate. I would pretty much be unable to function in society.

That's the point. People were asked what they would do if they weren't judged. So people brought up scenarios that in their minds would typically be considered no-no's. One man said he'd show up to work in Speedos. Another woman said that she'd eat whatever she wanted and in whatever quantities.

That's the point. People were asked what they would do if they weren't judged. So people brought up scenarios that in their minds would typically be considered no-no's. One man said he'd show up to work in Speedos. Another woman said that she'd eat whatever she wanted and in whatever quantities.

If nobody judged him he'd not have a job as the determination to hire is a judgement.

If nobody judged him he'd not have a job as the determination to hire is a judgement.

We're not talking about everything in life. People were asked to fill in the blank on ONE thing. ONE thing that you'd like to do but don't because you're worried about how others might perceive it.

Dance. Because I dance like a fool, but it's still fun :)

Now that you mention it, I think it was voted that your kids and wife are much better dancers than you.. Lol

(..that WAS your YouTube video, right?)

We're not talking about everything in life. People were asked to fill in the blank on ONE thing. ONE thing that you'd like to do but don't because you're worried about how others might perceive it.

We may not be, but I'm clearly talking about the implications of living in some magical judgement free zone.

Edited by Dravin

Now that you mention it, I think it was voted that your kids and wife are much better dancers than you.. Lol

(..that WAS your YouTube video, right?)

Haha!! :lol: Yeah that was mine. It is the problem with being over 6 feet tall. No matter what, it is going to look a little silly when you dance.

At least you know I am being honest with my post ^_^

I would breastfeed in public without any sort of cover.

Backroads, I can't emphasise enough that if YOU feel good about breast feeding in public, go for it. I don't understand the unnecessary stigma and pressure that people put on nursing mothers to do it in a closed door room.

/Rant

Backroads, I can't emphasise enough that if YOU feel good about breast feeding in public, go for it. I don't understand the unnecessary stigma and pressure that people put on nursing mothers to do it in a closed door room.

/Rant

While I"ve always supported public breastfeeding and didn't care if women did it uncovered, I used to feel it was the "nice" thing to do to cover yourself up.

My baby and I have a great feeding pattern, but only if I can see her. Covers often frustrate her, we can't give each other feedback, and I get ugly looks when I try it uncovered. Sigh.

But you're right. I will take the message this thread has sent as well as Nike and just do it.

If no one judged me, I would _________ ?

The first thing that came to mind is that I would not have to keep thinking up new & innovative things to do that keep them wondering what I am up to!

But I like confounding & bamboozling people too much, so without that my life would get so boring!

Thought of another one.

I'd devour a whole jar of peanut butter. Apparently, I already do this, as my husband has pointed out. He came home the other day and opened the kitchen cabinet, pulling out an almost empty jar of PB. He says, "Did you eat all of this?", and I made a face like huh? I hadn't realised that I've been snacking on that stuff way too often..

Thought of another one.

I'd devour a whole jar of peanut butter. Apparently, I already do this, as my husband has pointed out. He came home the other day and opened the kitchen cabinet, pulling out an almost empty jar of PB. He says, "Did you eat all of this?", and I made a face like huh? I hadn't realised that I've been snacking on that stuff way too often..

I would do the same thing, but with Nutella!